• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methylphenidate and cocaine

Razorfcknjdd

Greenlighter
I've developed a quite sever addiction to iv cocaine use. I've had a script for concerta for some time now, however I stopped taking it due to not wanting to combine stimulants. Recently though I've found that taking a concerta or two in the morning has helped my cocaine cravings subside to a point where I am doing a gram of coke a day as opposed to 5 or more a day when I'm not using the concerta. My question is, if anyone has experience with this combination and what the potential side effects or dangers are that I should be aware of. Am I at more of a risk now or when I was doing 5+ grams a day. All help is much appreciated.

I don't usually advocate mixing stimulants, but if one Concert a stops you from taking four additional grams of cocaine, I think I would make an exception, especially since you I.V. it. How much Concerta are you taking? I do not think therapeutic doses would have too huge an interaction with cocaine but even a gram IVd is significant.

I agree with Kittycat about not mixing stimulant drugs, and also that your reduction in daily cocaine use is for the best.

I've been taking dex/methylphenidate regularly for many years and I can say it's much safer than the cocaine you'd buy off the street. MPD acts very similar to cocaine except it is not a strong releasing drug like cocaine. I imagine that's why it reduces the cravings you experience.
Combining them? That's a question I can't answer with much confidence. I wouldn't think it'd be too great for your heart. And remember that injection into the vein (using any non-pure street drug or pill) causes cutting/filling agents to be dispersed into your bloodstream - ultimately causing tiny clots in the vessels. Because you can't be certain what cuts are in your cocaine, it's just unsafe to be IV'ing it in general. I'd suggest switching to a less immediately dangerous ROA if stopping is not an option.
Either way, be safe brother

I'm taking a 54mg pill each morning, and somedays depending on how quickly I burn through my coke I will take another 36mg pill in the evening. Thank you for your opinion and taking the time to respond, it's much appreciated. I think it's also important to pay close attention to how my body reacts to the combo.