Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Methylone in comparison to MDMA

badrobot114

Bluelighter
Hi all,

i've never used methylone and was wondering how does Methylone compare to MDMA in terms of intensity, length and neurotoxicity/hangover?

Having never tried it I can't personally comment on it's intensity and length, although I have heard that it is a lot milder as an empathogen. In terms of neurotoxicity, AFAIK there have never been any studies done on methylone itself, but a recent study to gauge the neurotoxicity of mephedrone found that it was less neurotoxic in terms of the damage being done to your serotonin receptors than MDMA and I remember speculation that the neurotoxicity of stimulants being correspondent with how quickly and dramatically it increases levels of post-synaptic serotonin, so if that theory holds credence than one would assume methylone is less neurotoxic than mephedrone and therefore MDMA.

It feels like rolling but there is something just not quite right. I think if you're used to very high quality MDMA you'll be disappointed.

It feels like rolling but there is something just not quite right. I think if you're used to very high quality MDMA you'll be disappointed.

God damn it benny, I think I speak for everyone on the MDMA forum when I say I'm sick of you and your shitty opinions veiled in this cryptic bullshit.

^ Is that a joke..? Because his opinion is near identical to my own.

It's like rolling, but you can tell it's missing a major part of the "magic". Anytime I've taken it hoping for an experience on par with MDMA, I've been extremely disappointed even after smashing through well over half a gram... if I take it as what it is though, just a light empathy boost, it can be a really fun drug. Key thing is just to remember it's a drug with light effects, you won't get to an MDMA level euphoria no matter how much you try :\

when i take methylone(which i favors above mdma) i take 550-600mg immediatley in a bomb.
for me its better then mdma, theres more energy, the music sounds a bit better and i think the initial comeup + peak and afterglow all lasts longer on methylone then mdma.
and i cant tell the difference from mdma vs methylone when i take high dose methylone, its identical in every way except more energy and that I think methylone lasts longer. mdma peak is around 2-3hours while methylone was a steady 3hour peak for me with a lasting afterglow almost up to 6hours after, felt like a opium high after peak.

and honestly? i get alot more euphoria on methylone then mdma.

^ What the FUCK? 500mg in one drop? That's ridiculous 8(

Please, no one read that and think that is normal. Dosing like that is incredibly foolish.

how do you feel in terms of hangover and toxicity? is it something you say you can take more frequently without getting nasty side effects? like a once a month thing with the missus to spend a nice empathic evening being all gay? :p

I feel alot more shredded after MDMA then BKMDMA.
A night on mdma anything between 180mg-500mg it gets me drained of energy for the whole day afterwards, and I can feel shit up to 3days.
A night on methylone anything between 500-1000mg and I dont feel any difference the day after, or the upcoming.
I'd say due to the less amount of serotonin a third of mdma release, methylone is less neurotoxic.

About taking it close I have no idea I always space mine apart just cuz I dont find the time to do them that often.

In theory it could actually cause as much if not more neurotoxicity, but someone tell me if this doesn't sound right or actually have a link to some studies about metylone neurotoxicity, becuase it releases alot more dopamine than MDMA does, and that's where the neurtoxicity comes into play. The open (but nearly empty) serotonin receptors are invaded by dopamine, therefore causing destruction of that receptor.

I liked Methylone, it has a more party stimulanty kinda feel to it, the rush can be amazing. It's also easier on your mind and body the next day.

Somebody here posted a link to a journal article showing methylone depleted 5-HT neurons like MDMA in rodents and that mephedrone caused memory loss.

I really liked Methylone, had it with a gf and had the most amazing romantic night. However, I found it much less forgiving than MD when redosing.

I'm the opposite of testocyp, MD just gives me a wonderful afterglow the next day (Unless I go silly and do above ~750mg in a session), Methylone can leave me quite strung out even after two moderate doses.

In succinct terms of effects, Methylone is more dancey-ravey for me, while MD is more of a chill with mates at home thing.

That's my 2p anyway, naturally, your mileage may well vary.

God damn it benny, I think I speak for everyone on the MDMA forum when I say I'm sick of you and your shitty opinions veiled in this cryptic bullshit.

they-see-me-rollin-they-hatin-thumb.jpg

Ah fantastic, another drug study frying rat brains. 30mg/kg twice daily for 4 continuous days. Even the most hardcore drug users would struggle to wrack up a dosage anywhere even near that. For me, I'd have to take 4.8 grams for 4 consecutive days for their study to become relevant to me.

It really doesn't have much relevance for human use of these substances.

yea, the methodology on pretty much every drug study is suspect. Like when they made that monkey inhale the equivalent of 4lbs in one sitting. Yah know, cause finding the LD50 of weed is so important they need to suffocate a monkey with THC.

Ah fantastic, another drug study frying rat brains. 30mg/kg twice daily for 4 continuous days. Even the most hardcore drug users would struggle to wrack up a dosage anywhere even near that. For me, I'd have to take 4.8 grams for 4 consecutive days for their study to become relevant to me.

It really doesn't have much relevance for human use of these substances.

try 3 meo pcp that is unforgiving and anyone doing say 40-50 mg a day would be asking to be hit by a car while playing naked in traffic.