• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Methylone + Ethylone combo

Is ethylone the same thing as butylone?

Butylone is absolute shit - nothing like methylone. Just gives you a vicious, pounding headache and nausea for hours. Methylone on the other hand is wonderful stuff, far better than mephedrone.

Butylone is bk-MBDB, while Ethylone is bk-MDEA, so yes, they are different substances. I agree on bk-MBDB and it's cardiac and adrenergic effects. It must be dosed correctly to avoid dysphoria. However, this thread is about the possible combination of methylone (which I also have consumed a number of times) and ethylone (which I have in my possession but never tried).

Actually ethylone and butylone have nothing to do with each other, they are not homologues like the names suggest bearing ethyl and butyl groups at the same position. Instead ethylone has an N-ethyl group while butylone has an alpha-ethyl group, so that the carbon backbone adds up to 4C. Butyl is the name that suggests a 4-carbon alkyl group.

I have not had ethylone but found butylone to be very pushy and stimulating while not as pleasant or euphoric as methylone.

Empathogen discussion is now over at ED so this is moved PD >> ED