View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

methylene blue as MAOI

IGNVS

Bluelighter
Methylene blue is a dye used in biology. It is also a potent MAOI.
I was wondering if anyone has used it in combination with mushrooms or DMT?

common side effects are vasoconstriction and blue/green urine. i dont think (at a propor dose) that vasoconstriction is too much of a problem.. perhapse it is, insight would be apreciated.

I can't see methylene blue being very useful for anything other than staining. Sure, it's does have MAOI properties, but it's not practical and rarely used I believe.

i dont think it was ever designed to be used as a maoi...

you should also list in the side effects that it also stains feces ;)
and where did you find "a proper dose" for it? im not trying to bash you or anything, just curious where you found your info

I actually talked to someone belonging to a group of people that is using the stuff for its mood enhancing properties... Haven't tried it myself and doubt I'll get much out of it. No need to speculate though, I will find out soon enough. :D

It's apparently psychoactive. Most likely due to its capacity to inhibit MAO-A. It also seems to have a pretty high therapeutic index, with doses for depression apparently being around 15mg/day, doses reported by my acquaintance for what she describes as psychostimulant properties (she is largely drug-naive) around 6mg and up to 2mg/kg/hr via infusion being used in surgery.

Definitely gonna try this.

Last edited:
Okay I took 12mg and this stuff is definitely psychoactive and very pleasantly so. Tastes like ass though.

Clearly a MAOI. It feels like a low dose of amphetamine with a serotonergic spin.

Last edited:
Okay I took 12mg and this stuff is definitely psychoactive and very pleasantly so. Tastes like ass though.

Clearly a MAOI. It feels like a low dose of amphetamine with a serotonergic spin.
Will you continue extermination? Is this stuff easy to find as MAOIs are probably most effective and (if used responsibly) all-round best group of Ads.

Will you continue extermination? Is this stuff easy to find as MAOIs are probably most effective and (if used responsibly) all-round best group of Ads.
Well I am bipolar (type I), coming out of the most destructive manic episode of my life, feeling like shit currently, but I don't have a psychiatrist and no phase prophylactic. I really wrecked everything this time.

I have to finish an article I am writing by the end of October and my go-to drugs will only make that more difficult, so this is a godsend. I will definitely keep using it as long as it keeps working and I am not done with my job. I only received 25-50 doses, with one dose seemingly being enough per day. While this was free, that same amount will cost me slightly more than a pack of cigarettes (not that I'd buy those, just trying to avoid price discussion here).

As far as toxicity goes, it is at least being promoted for various health benefits and I am not aware of any unfavorable toxicity studies, so there really isn't any reason not to use it for the time being.

EDIT: Oh and regarding the easy-to-find part, I wouldn't know because it found me. It was just offered to me by a biologist friend. I doubt you'll have difficulties. It might even be available OTC depending on where you live, since I've really only ever heard of its lab use.
EDIT2: I just googled for German websites and it's apparently available OTC here.

The only thing Methylene Blue is good for is dye inside the blood. I don't really see it being used as a pyschoactive substance. As for other substances with a Methylene structure, they do work. I've actually come up with a couple Methylene realated substances. Such as this one. https://imageshack.com/i/pmBFDWZJp

The only thing Methylene Blue is good for is dye inside the blood. I don't really see it being used as a pyschoactive substance. As for other substances with a Methylene structure, they do work. I've actually come up with a couple Methylene realated substances. Such as this one. https://imageshack.com/i/pmBFDWZJp
Toulen is an AD but wont be used cuz of it’s toxicity.

Methylen blue should not be used why exactly? It’s rather safe substance and blue piss ain’t that bad, might be even a great thing to have for St. Smurf’s day and some other festivities.

Toulen is an AD but wont be used cuz of it’s toxicity.

Methylen blue should not be used why exactly? It’s rather safe substance and blue piss ain’t that bad, might be even a great thing to have for St. Smurf’s day and some other festivities.

You're talking to a guy who draws molecules without consideration of binding capabilities of elements

Isn't that banned everywhere outside the U.S. for being toxic?

Also, I would try anyway but I assume it's dangerous in combination with an SSRI?

Isn't that banned everywhere outside the U.S. for being toxic?

Also, I would try anyway but I assume it's dangerous in combination with an SSRI?
Outside usual dangers that come with an any MAOi it seems like a rather safe medicine. And yeah, combining it with an SSRIs and a lot of other stuff is a NO. Even combos with some MAOi that might be considered by some doctors should no way be tried at home, more so home alone lol.

I stupidly tried l-deprernyl with amphetamine sulphate and got no ill reaction. Was it someone without tolerance, someone more reckless and not going slow as I did, hell maybe simply someone with less luck that might have been a last high. Mind you, main danger of combining l-deprenyl (MAOi) and amphetamine was in a huge increase in effects of amphetamine and eventual OD and death followed that combo would be more or less same as from massive amph OD. Combining it with MDMA on the other hand would cause serotonin syndrome. Combing it with some third thing might hugely increase toxicity of given substance via various mechanisms. Those are some, in too simply terms explained possible bad outcomes of combinations with MAOi medicine.

Yes sure, because old crOOk here is sooo susceptible to placebo effects lol. No really, you must have not read my replies.

I mean, if you've personally tried it at high doses a bunch of times, I would consider I am just turning manic for other reasons.
Because I am getting manic as shit which was kind of what I needed lol.

I started with 15mg and I am down to 2 now. Yesterday I was at 4 and couldn't eat all day. Not one bit. Not even a snack before bedtime.

I know my body and I know this is a kickass MAO-A inihbitor.

Did you turn into a smurf @crOOk ?
I think it's the other way around. A smurf uses fresh accounts.

Anyway, I am not a smurf and I am not trolling.

I have had tons of drugs that don't do shit, regardless of my expectations.

Maybe I could transiently fall for placebo effects once or twice for a few hours - it has happened - but this stuff is brutal (due to my "bipolar 1" related sensitivity). I had to take less every day and it's still too much.

Last edited:
Methylene blue stains your urine blue. It's not a fun drug to experiment with but it's very cheap.

I have some but there are better agents to try if you want MAOI.