• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methods of Taking Xanax Question

mdc2512

Bluelighter
Well last week I was offered Xanax for the first time (1mg) and it was already crushed and the dude gave me a dollar bill and I snorted it. After reading up on the different ways of taking Xanax I found out that apparently taking it Orally is the same as snorting it and chewing it or parachuting it makes the onset a little quicker. So today I was offered another 1mg Xanax and this time it was still a pill so I decided I would chew it up and wash it down with water. I did this and felt it but it wasn't nearly as strong when I snorted it! What is the best way and why was chewing it not as strong as snorting when apparently it should have been the same if not stronger? Thanks!

I always take xanax orally. They are designed to be absorbed quickly through digestion. I believe you snorted it and felt it quicker because it was your first time. If you would have eaten the 1mg pill you would have probably felt the same effect maybe a tad bit slower but in the end the same result. Benzos build tolerance quick. It was simply your first time, so it was was your strongest. :D