• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methods of taking Oxycodone

Seroquelle

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed 10mg of oxycodone up to four times a day for chronic pelvic and back pain. I've been doing my own research on oxycodone, and while I'm apprehensive of experimenting with oxy - for fear of being taken off it by my doctors - I'm curious to hear about the alternate methods of taking it, the effectiveness, why people decide to deviate from orally ingesting it, and the consequences of doing so.

Additionally, for those that aren't prescribed it, how do you obtain oxycodone, and is it very expensive? I'm entitled to free prescriptions, due to having a lifelong condition, but I've heard (though I'm wary of the sources I saw this on) things like oxy is incredibly pricey, due to it being favoured by heroin addicts and other opioid 'enthusiasts'.

Sorry to sound like a moron!

You can't discuss prices here, sorry.

Oxy is one of those drugs whose bioavailability is about the same regardless of your ROA (route of administration) so it's really just whatever method you prefer! I like snorting aka insufflation... I like the taste.

Sorry! I was more curious about whether it was considered expensive, or if it was cheap, not specific prices.

If you snort oxy, does it last as long as when it's taken orally, and you find you have to take more than the regular amount?

Expense depends on your habit. If you do a small amount say on weekends most anyone can afford that....until you realize how much you love it and crave it and do more....tolerance builds...bank accounts empty. And so it goes. For me I used it different ways but preferred insufflating it because the rush was decent enough and the high lasted almost as long as oral for me so it was a fair trade. Chasing that builds tolerance even faster though. Truly consider this path you are about to go down though-these boards are full of people like me who lost everything to the habit you haven't yet picked up.