View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Method for smoother comeup? (LSD)

Trunker

Greenlighter
Just had my first LSD experience. I had the drug under my tongue for 25 minutes before chewing on it and swallowing.

There was probably a bit of nervousness which made me feel bad in my stomach but the whole "come up" was pretty intense and fast and I would love to know if there is any way to make it come up slower to make it more pleasant ?

I had a normal breakfast maybe 1 hour before I took the drug. I dont know if this made it better or worse but I didnt want to take it on a empty stomach.

Should I just skip having it under the tongue for it to take longer time?

If you want a longer come up you can split the blotter into two pieces and take half for 10 minutes, swallow it, put in the other half 20 minutes after you swallowed the first and repeat. Or you could take a small dose of a fast-acting benzo right as you begin to feel the come-up stimulation, but dont take too much or else you might decrease the trip considerably.

(Of course i have to ask how certain you are that you took pure LSD because the comeup of LSD usually takes over an hour for most people, but of course, everyone is different.)

GINGER

Firstly you want to take your LSD in smaller pieces. Depending on how many you intend on taking, you want to split your doses into slivers and take them over an hour. If you have 3 hits or more just take them whole, but only take one at a time. Then, when you take it, also drink some ginger tea. Ginger is a 5ht3a antagonist which reduces nausea and body load. that should help.

If you want a longer come up you can split the blotter into two pieces and take half for 10 minutes, swallow it, put in the other half 20 minutes after you swallowed the first and repeat. Or you could take a small dose of a fast-acting benzo right as you begin to feel the come-up stimulation, but dont take too much or else you might decrease the trip considerably.

(Of course i have to ask how certain you are that you took pure LSD because the comeup of LSD usually takes over an hour for most people, but of course, everyone is different.)

I didnt test it myself this time but other people just recently bought the same lsd blotters from this guy and tested it with a kit.
It took me maybe 40 minutes to start feeling something creeping up on me and at 1 hour I felt nausea.

But I will try to take half of the dose in the way u told me :) Thank you!

I find that the best way to get through psychedelic come-ups peacefully is to be doing something to channel the energy. My favorite is to be outside, walk around, enjoy nature. Any exercise helps your body feel good too. Sitting around waiting for the effects is likely to cause the greatest level of awareness of and focus on the discomforting aspects of it.

I would recommend drinking a beer during or before the come-up. For me, that's been the most consistently useful remedy for anxious come-ups. Takes the edge off real nicely.

I would recommend drinking a beer during or before the come-up. For me, that's been the most consistently useful remedy for anxious come-ups. Takes the edge off real nicely.

I never consume alcohol at all so that is probably not an option for me...

This time we played video games but it was our first time so we were definitely nervous and all so it probably added to the nausea.

I actually dislike drinking alcohol until the plateau stage of psychedelics... it seems that even a little bit during the come-up or peak ruins a lot of the nicer elements for me, or at least diminishes them. A beer or two a bit beforehand is better, but for the best trips I like to just make sure I have something to occupy my energy/attention.

For me, the anxiety and discomfort of the come-up is an important part of the experience, and not something to do away with. I like to put on music, maybe something with some intensity to it, so it all builds up until the peak, when I finally let go and all that worry is washed away in spectacular psychedelia.

My advice is to try to look at the come-up in a different way, and see it not as an undesirable portion of the trip to be rid of, but as a preparatory and purifying phase of the psychedelic experience. Xork's recommendation to do something physical to help channel the energy is good too.

I second the advice to split the tab and eat it in sections - that way you can calibrate the intensity to a certain degree. If you stagger the bits too far you will get a diminished overall effect (obviously), but if you've eaten the whole tab within a couple of hours you'll still get pretty high - but you'll have had time to get used to it.

I recommend doing this to all beginners because the comeup can be scary and can then colour the whole experience in a negative way. I also agree that the intense quick comeup from necking it one go has it's own value - but you can do that at a later time when you know you already know what's coming afterwards.

1p-lsd sort of does this automatically: ie it builds up more gradually over a couple of hours (maybe cos it being a pro-drug).