• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Methocarbomal opinions- any good for anything?

tarman

Bluelighter
Anybody tried this? For either opiate withdrawal or to just chill/sleep/take the edge off? I'm a big fan of baclofen, but my friend is saying methocarbamol is way better than baclofen. Which is surprising to me.

Just curious what your experience/opinion is. Believe it or not, I did google it, but information is relatively scarce. Possibly because of user error, but I made a an attempt.

Anything you'd love to share about it, I'd love to hear it.

Methocarbamol has much lower abuse potential than baclofen. It has no enjoyable effects and at most makes you drowsy. It can also upset the stomach. It might be the least enjoyable muscle relaxant.

If it can make me drowsy, I'll consider that a win. But I'm glad to hear the voices of experience and set my expectations accordingly. I think I got a little excited when I first heard its name because it sounds like carisprodol. Okay not really, but it ends in the same two letters! I'll be ending an oxy binge wednesday or thursday, so I'll see how it does for sleep or rls. I like rotating drugs when I'm coming off a binge. xanax for one day, baclofen for one day, gabapentin for one day, etc. I think I'll slot this one in for the 4th day, see what we get.

Methocarbomal (brand name is Robaxin if I recall correctly) has zero recreational value. Carisoprodol, on the other hand....use extreme caution when experimenting with carisoprodol/soma

Anybody tried this?

I had it after two of three heart surgeries and I felt it helped a lot in combination with the other medications. Long after I was healed, I tried to take some to see if it would have any recreational value, and it was very poor in that regard. Made me feel tired and sluggish, definitely would not recommend if you're trying to enjoy the experience.