Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

?methcatadone? ch9news in adelaide tonight

secret squirrel

Bluelighter
did anyone see this tonight on the news?

I think it was called methcatadone. they called it 'cat' for short...
some scare mongering about a more dangerous form of meth that they reckon is from russia?

WTF? does anyone know about this drug?8(

meth-cat.
from russia. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BEWARE: THE COMMIES ARE COMING!!! THE COMMIES ARE COMING!!!
i wanna meet one of these 'journalists' and ask what thought processes they go through before airing this shit.

meth-cat is really easy to make in comparrison the meth. it's highs are a little different, doesn't last anywhere near as long, a bit 'dirtier'
one shit property of meth-cat is that it can raise your blood pressure more than meth.

Last edited:
PP: Can you provide some references to where people might learn about meth-cat?

BigTrancer :)

There are manny resources. A simple google search will bring up many refferences. Unfortunatly they all refer to methods of making it most of which are misleading to some respect. The original/most effective syth is a document in german. If you browse throught the google search results you should find some brief descriptions of subjective effects. Also the origin of the "Russian" connection in the newspaper artical is explainable as the Russians did experiment with it for a time. This information can also be found in the hyperreal archives on Meth-Cat. Also do a search on the forrum Cat has come up befor...

EDIT: I agree with PP in the fact that it raises blood preasure quite a lot. A friend with existing hypertension used it in conjunture with Methamphetamine (crystal) and MDMA. This resulted in a trip to the emergency room. So if you try this substance PLEASE TREATE IT WITH RESPECT (even though it wasnt cooked up by some mastermind underground chemist doesnt mean its not a drug with real effects)

Last edited:
Another wee chemistry lesson to illustrate the similarities between methcathinone and methamphetamine.

If pseudo/ephedrine is used as the starting material, Methamphetamine is the reduction product and Methcathinone is the oxidation product.

Last edited:
**gets out packet of sudafed, pair of scissors, and magnifying glass and tries to cut off that pesky OH group**

;)

on a slightly more serious note...i did some research on this after hearing a bit about it. i'm pretty much off meth these days, i value my sleep and just don't want to be so up and down all night.

at the same time i would like to be able to enjoy seeing a headline act playing at 4 or 5, so cat sounded like a good option. apparently it's fairly short lasting and not amazingly different to meth, but doesn't have the 'talk shit' factor (thats a good thing ;) ) and a few reports i read even said it induces a slightly drunk feeling. (sorry for no references, but most of those were from erowid, and a few from google searches).

only problem is most 'trip' reports are written by tweakers who slam meth on a fairly regular basis, so i got the feeling i wasn't exactly getting the best idea of the drug. so.....while in the end i concluded that i'd be better off having a sudafed and a nap before going out, does anyone actually have any experience with this stuff?? a lot of people mention the stress on the CV system, is it that high? worse than meth? how long _does_ it last? so many questions, such shit trip reports. ;)

In my personal experience it lasts around 1 hour. It has a notably larger affected on heart rate and blood preasure than meth-amph or amph. Also it seemed to make me and everyone else I talked to feel rather bumbed out when it wears off.

^^^^ agree with mongman about the come down. it seems to be a slightly different to meth in the way you just feel kinda crap and 'bumbed out' unlike the edgy/cranky come down of meth.

Could someone tell the difference between that and speed if they were expecting speed?

BigTrancer :)

depends on how well the 'washing' process is. the stuff i had was kinda brown/yellow as the acetate wash takes many goes to make it white. it was also kinda 'chunky' as it needs it be dried really well to get to the texture of meth. if you didn't know what you were getting you'd probably just accept it was meth as there isn't that much social knowledge on it, but if you were told and explained the differences in person, you can tell very easily.

By looking at it you would think it was speed. However after tasting it you would find the it is VERY bitter. Different to Meth. You know Quineine (sp?) in soda water, it has that tast to it. It is a very unique taste

Killa: I remembered this thread started by runner a while back, and thought i'd just post the link rather than typing out the whole friggin thing again. :)