• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetmines

pjshooterz1

Greenlighter
Ive been a meth user for about 22 years. Iv for about 10 on and off.. i was wondering if it was safe to iv old shots that have blood in them.. ive done it before and got off but im wondering if i could catch some typa bacterial infection from doing this..? I have filtered old shots, added water to them and injected the outcome into a new and clean vial for use at a later date. Is this safe to inject ? Or do you think bacteria can still grow inside the airtight vial?? The vial is full of the mixture. Therefore it contains alot of what im pursuing. Just wanted to see if anyone has done this or if this is just fiend behaviour!! Any knowledge would be appreciated...thank you

It is most assuredly fiend behavior and you might as well be shooting straight pus into your veins if you re-use that needle.

You've been shooting for 10 years. I think you know this but just want someone on here to tell you it's ok.

I dont reuse the old needle. Use contents once filtered 2x and after adding water. Then put it in new needle. Some have told me that is how you get hep c but i do not believe this to be true. I would imagine hep c would have to be present in order to contract it.. it does not just form out of thin air..

And i am asking because ive done it in the past and been ok. But im getn older and things concern me more. Would not want anyone to tell me anything that was not true. Isnt this the place to gain information, help and knowledge?

I know you were gonna reuse the contents. Wash it out and stuff. Different sharp. Got it. Shit inside is still equal to straight up pus.

You can wait for better knowledge and yes you are in the right place. Not sure anyone on here is going to agree with you that it is ok. If you did it in the past you took your chances so if you do this one I hope you are safe.

And i am asking because ive done it in the past and been ok. But im getn older and things concern me more. Would not want anyone to tell me anything that was not true. Isnt this the place to gain information, help and knowledge?

I appreciate your reply. I guess i really needed to hear someone else tell me the truth of what i already knew. Its no good. Well its going down the toilet. Ill be okay without it. That devil was just trying to convince me it was okay to do...thanks again for your insight...

I have never used METH or any IV drugs but use brand new needles. Do not reuse previously used needles that you or someone else used, even if you did clean them with bleach and used filters, etc. It is easy enough to buy new needles on Amazon, go to a needle exchange, but them in a pharmacy, etc. Also make sure you dispose of them safely in a marked solid container.

I appreciate your reply. I guess i really needed to hear someone else tell me the truth of what i already knew. Its no good. Well its going down the toilet. Ill be okay without it. That devil was just trying to convince me it was okay to do...thanks again for your insight...
You are more than welcome my friend. I am super glad you pitched it.

I have never used METH or any IV drugs but use brand new needles. Do not reuse previously used needles that you or someone else used, even if you did clean them with bleach and used filters, etc. It is easy enough to buy new needles on Amazon, go to a needle exchange, but them in a pharmacy, etc. Also make sure you dispose of them safely in a marked solid container.
It was the contents of the rig, not the rig itself. And good for you for no IV.

It was the contents of the rig, not the rig itself. And good for you for no IV.

Ok I really dislike needles, and I have since age 4 or 5.

It is easy enough to get free needles, or buy many in a large box and the Original Poster is risking disease, bacterial infection, etc. and it is common knowledge not to reuse or share needles, or use super old used needles. I hope he or she disposes of them safely in a marked and closed container.

Someone here wrote that mixing blood or injecting blood mixed with drugs or whatever is not safe and can cause a bone infection, or Osteomyelitis.

Believe it or not it's still illegal to possess hypodermic syringes in some USA states. I'm fighting a class six felony charge for having syringes in my vehicle after getting pulled over for "operating while intoxicated" in Indiana even though i had my Kentucky needle exchange card on me. In Kentucky it's straight up legal to walk into the pharmacy and buy needles. Never thought I'd be fighting a possible felony charge over this.

Believe it or not it's still illegal to possess hypodermic syringes in some USA states. I'm fighting a class six felony charge for having syringes in my vehicle after getting pulled over for "operating while intoxicated" in Indiana even though i had my Kentucky needle exchange card on me. In Kentucky it's straight up legal to walk into the pharmacy and buy needles. Never thought I'd be fighting a possible felony charge over this.
That is INSANE! I did not know that. I just assumed every state you could just purchase them from pharmacy. I’m in Bay Area, CA, and er are legally allowed to have, I believe it’s 30, on hand and police can’t do anything about it. And have you heard of the Safe Injection Sites? San Francisco is trying to pass the bill.

Felony charge over a hyperdermic device? Harm reduction coalition? Or HOPE or safe I section site what about a non profit or national recognition program to reduce risks for AIDS to help you the ACLU will usually advocate on your behalf but not anonymously worst case start a pseudonym or non profit. I'm in las Vegas Nevada and boy do we have the same issues cross jurisdiction based on issuing offices insolent intelligence.