• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine

Kat1615

Greenlighter
So after a good bit of abstinence, I messed up and having been using since last Tuesday. I have some left that I’m going to finish tonight and then I am done. Meth has a grip on me like nothing I’ve ever tried before. I shouldn’t have started up again but I thought I could handle one day of it. Now I’m almost a week in. I’m ready to quit again... I’m just really dreading the horrible, crushing depression that I know will come. That’s my biggest issue with quitting. That and I have zero natural energy at all....so it’s going to be tough. At this point I am just looking for any kind of support. I don’t have a support system at all, nobody that I can trust that I can talk to. I have Xanax and seroquel prescribed regularly by a psychiatrist so they don’t really help me during a comedown. And I don’t want to buy any opiates or anything to help me, I just want to get this over with and move on, not prolong it with other drugs. So if you have any advice for me or just support that would be awesome, because I really need it. Thank you.

Food, water, sleep, and exercise. Dont over do it though.
Take a few days off work. You will be fine.
I've got about 3 months in too, daily use. So i'm not looking forward to it either lol.
One week isn't that bad.

Best of luck, it is only time. You need to occupy yourself for a week or whatever is the period you are down. Point is, ypu can count it passing, there is an end. Work towards your goal and you will be ok. In the after point in time, try to get busy to keep momentum.

I have read somewhere that the comedown is related to amount of time using it. So the comedown of a week of use may be less scary that the one that you already passed. Like Zonxx said, coffee helps a lot. Also eat food that are good source of amino acids, proteins, fatty acids and minerals so your body and brain can regenerate faster and making the comedown shorter.

I have left only two shards and decide to make a stop for some months. I am kinda anxious because I have use it for a month and a week, having 3 days using it and almost 5 to 6 days without. I don't know how the comedown will go because I am a newbie to methamphetamine.

Wish you best of luck! We going to be two.

Hi, I know you asked specifically for help with comedown but I just started up again after 5 years abstinence and want to stop already so i know what you are going through and will need to face. Although you already said the seroquel does not help some anti-psychotics might. After a lot of trial and error with my psychitrist i found that the combination of low-dose adderall, Abilify, and a drug called catapres killed all my cravings for a few years ( I only started on meth again when I stopped taking these prescribed drugs. The best thing about anti-psychotics for drugs fiends who want to quit is that they kill your rushes and highs so you never feel anything from the drugs and it becomes pointless to take them.

Also don’t fear the comedown from a week’s use. It’s nothing compared to what you face after hitting it every day for 6 months. If you have dealt with the comedown from long-term abuse you will already have mental fortitude and experience to easily get through a much milder week.