• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methamphetamine Sulfate?

Zeul Mos

Greenlighter
I read on many websites that free bases can be converted into salt like sulfate, bromide, hydrochloride, etc. and I was wondering is there's any possibility of meth sulfate given the fact that there is amphetamine sulfate.

oh sure there's a possibility that it COULD exist, but the fact of the matter is that you're never gonna find it. and why would you want to? it's heavier molecularly than meth HCl so you're getting less bang for your buck. amphetamines sold commericially, including pseudoephedrine, are generally sulphate, and it's in the manufacturing process by clandestine chemists that these salts are replaced with HCl. It has to do with solubilities in certain solvents.

maybe desoxy is a sulphate, who knows/cares

You could create Methamphetamine Sulfate, but this salt has a Meth percentage of 75.7% instead of the HCl's 80.4%. Next to that, the sulfate would have a way higher melting point due to it's molecular weight, making it impossible to smoke. Besides, what's wrong with HCl? It's sold that way because it's most practical and profitable.

isnt methamphetamine a freebase? i mean the regular shards.. as opposed to an HCl

I don't know for sure, haven't synthesised it myself, but my guess would be that it would be an oily substance, like regular amphetamine freebase. The HCl salt can be easily vaporized, because the melting point is around 167°C. Did you assume so because DMT is most often sold as freebase shards, which are smokeable?

well no its because cocaine is smokable in freebase, and the hcl is the powedered form. also most drugs i have encountered are the same.. freebases are more easy to smoke or vaporise. i know some hcl forms are also smokeable but usually u want freebase for smoking

Normal shards are methylamphetamine hcl. I'm pretty sure the base form is an oily liquid at room temp that would be ineffective for recreational use compared to the hcl form that is the most effective for recreational or medicinal use with any roa.