• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine (smoked)

CookedPlatesatBest

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'll introduce myself separately in a moment but right now was hoping to get some urgent advice.

I've been smoking the last three days, before that I had the week off but but was very congested and
recovering from covid. Anyway, for some reason I decided to try and clear out my nose with some running water, one nostril at a time. Upon snorting in some water and blowing it back out
of my right nostril I felt a slicing or stabbing sensation (brought my knees) and in an instant I became as high as I've ever been - and I'm still getting higher 30 mins later. I stood up to see my eyes dilate to their rims and my skin quickly became hot to the touch and red. It felt like what I imagine an IV user must feel when they shoot a couple of points at once, but maybe one too many. As I'm typing I can feel a little confusion and disorientation setting in. I've got a friend who's going to keep calling to keep tabs on me and I've got an ODT Olanzapine (for which I'm not prescribed) on standby if need be.

Does anyone know what on earth I have done to myself? And does this sound like Ive just basically had a huge dose of gear that was somehow lodged in my sinus/nostril?

I think I just need to drink more water to deal with the vaso pain and relax for a couple of hours (feels sort of like an overamp but I'm not having any signs of panic). But if this situation/symptoms sounds alerting to anyone please let me know!

For the record, you've only smoked and not snorted?

Any blood? Vertigo? Headache?

I'm more concerned about a ruptured sinus or a sinus infection from covid than some spontaneous overdose caused by blowing your nose.

Olanzapine will bring you down for sure if need be, but I would definitely keep an eye on this and go to the doctor.

Very odd, I've never heard anything like this. Keep us updated.

For the record, you've only smoked and not snorted?

Any blood? Vertigo? Headache?

I'm more concerned about a ruptured sinus or a sinus infection from covid than some spontaneous overdose caused by blowing your nose.

Olanzapine will bring you down for sure if need be, but I would definitely keep an eye on this and go to the doctor.
No blood, my nose appears to be fine. And yeah only ever smoked it.

There is a dull thudding headache brewing.

I think I'll just rest up and google ruptured sinus. I've just come off a course of antibiotics from covid so it's possible they weren't effective enough.

Edit: Further update - I'm now hallucinating the little dust mites. I'm starting to think maybe I just smoked a lot and combined with sleep deprivation I'm just in a stage of psychosis I've never encountered. Looks like I might give it another htwo hours to see if I settle otherwise I'll play it safe and pop the Olanzpine and go to bed.

Last edited: