• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine question

Neptune_woman

Greenlighter
If a person has smoked meth for about 6months everyday, how long would it take for them to pass a urinalysis for employment testing? They've averaged about 2 to 3 bowls a day, everyday for 6 months

Usually anywhere between 48-96 hours after the last dose depending on the person and the test, for sure no longer than a work week.

That it's been consumed for six months is mostly irrelevant. Look up the active/biological half-life. I'm pretty sure it's like 25-30 hours with amphetamines in general.

Nobody can tell you just how much a trace needs to be in your system as testing varies, but I can tell you that science is science and if you wait for the chemical to have decayed a couple times over based on the numbers, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

i actually just failed a work 'random UA' last week- While I'm definitely not a doctor or expert on the topic, I can tell you that as an IV user my last hit was Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon I took the test and failed- I've found several websites that say 24-48hrs... not true.

There are SO many misconceptions and myths about meth in general- the few truths I found were that...
1- there are tons of OTC drugs that can throw up a false positive, however the lab will do an isomer differentiation test to determine if it was methamphetamine or whatever else.

2. The most interesting is that the acidity of your urine has a huge impact on how fast it leaves your system- something like 80% excreted in 1 day with acidic urine as opposed to only 1-2% with alkaline urine. Perhaps someone smarter than me can elaborate further on if it's possible to work this to an advantage without raising any red flags.