• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine Injection Q & A and Experiences

Derailed

Greenlighter
Okay, so I'll start this off with the question that brings me here in the first place, but this thread can grow with everybody's questions and stories that might help other users better understand or practice safer IV technique.

Thing is, injecting crystal meth is extremely painful, usually. That is my experience, and it is different with each different bag, but it usually does hurt. Now, I have had shit that felt like it was missing it hurt so terribly, but I got my rush, it registered every time, and it didn't lump up or anything. The injection site would still swell up, and it often would swell along the vein a little bit. I will add that I always rinse the needle by dipping it in my sterile water before entry. I understand some dope may get left on the tip after injecting and it may touch under the surface, but that wouldn't cause the tremendous pain I'm describing anyways, so I know it isn't that.

Most the time it burns and stings slowly from the site up my arm and into my shoulder. This lasts roughly ten minutes before tapering off in severity over the next few hours. I sometimes use a tourniquet, sometimes I don't need to. It doesn't seem to make any difference in regards to the pain.

So, if anybody else out there has experienced this, please offer some advice? I know the shit is caustic and cut can be a big issue, but the purest shit I've ever shot and the worst bunk I've ever let myself shoot have caused this, and everything in between (except for a handful of occasions where it didn't occur, for whatever reason). If anybody has any medical knowledge about what might be causing this to happen to me, but my girlfriend doesn't get any pain in the vein shooting the same shit. And I understand that I will receive some "It's fucking crystal meth, its caustic", and I do understand that that is a possibility, but like I said, my girl shoots from the same bag of dope and she doesn't get this effect, so I don't fully reject that, but I'm looking to explore this deeper than just calling it at that.

I know, the variable here that is constant is me, since my girl and plenty of others do not get this pain every time, and so maybe it is my veins or whatever. But I have healthy veins, I'm young and spent three years clean before getting back into it several months ago, and I took care of myself and continue to for the most part, taking multivitamins and shit. I do have an issue with staying hydrated, and that might play into it. So, anyone wanna take a stab at this one? :?

I understand there are detailed megathreads, and I have read a few that were more specific to the question I had about the pain, and I have found no real answer. The megathreads are so inconclusive with answers to specific questions because there is several people asking different things and several people offering their two cents all at the same time, and it is all jumbled. I understand if this thread is either closed down or maybe titled differently, but I have searched open threads as well as many other sites as well, and I haven't found any definitive answer.

The megathread is great for general information but I'd like to figure this shit out lol, Im all about HR and this has me and many others baffled.