• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine HELP!

curiositykitty

Greenlighter
I am worried about a new reaction/side effect that my bf and I have developed from meth use recently.

The last 4 times that we partied and stayed up for 2-3 nights straight, the sides of our tongues are lined with several painful furrows/fissures. They vary in depth. The deeper cracks are painful, where the shallower are mildly painful. We also have a bunch of swollen taste buds, smaller ones are red and also mildly painful. The larger ones are white, and very painful. The biggest one looks like a small blister.

At first, I thought it was likely related to dehydration. I've kept well hydrated, so I don't believe that is the cause. I was going to attach a couple of pictures, but I don't know how or if I can.

Hey sorry to hear about that. This is a really common side-effect from using stimulants like meth, so don't worry too much. It's mostly due to stuff like (unconsciously) rubbing your tongue against your mouth due to tension, poor oral hygiene, and because very little saliva is produced even when you're well hydrated. The solution is to try and avoid staying up for 2-3 nights straight. Keep it to just 1 night if you can. Another option is to chew gum, that should keep your saliva levels up and reduce the soreness.

Hi.
Meth use can cause many a physical issue with heavy or prolonged use.
Instead of listing all the possible issues one can encounter; I have pasted something that basically covers my own suspicions:
  • Chemical burn: Some of the chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine are caustic, meaning they burn skin. Similarly, when meth is vaporized and inhaled, the hot vapor irritates and burns soft tissue in the mouth, exacerbating dry mouth.
  • Cottonmouth: Stimulants, including methamphetamine, deplete salivary secretions and raise body temperature to a much higher level than normal. Based on these effects, long-term use of stimulants leads to dehydration, which worsens dry mouth. Without saliva to protect the mouth, teeth, and gums by acting as a neutralizing agent against acidic substances, such as some of the ingredients found in meth, an extended state of dry mouth can cause sores or ulcers to form in the mouth. Dry mouth also promotes tooth decay.
  • Tissue damage: Constriction of blood vessels in the mouth harms tissues initially, but after recurrent episodes, can cause tissues to die.
  • Skinned raw: Continuous friction between the tongue and the inside of the mouth while on meth can cause skin to become raw and irritated, which could lead to infection.
Although these causes may not cover every aspect of what is going on there may be a clue or two that may help with the issue.

This is a Very Common side effect from dope! 80%-90% of the dope out there cause either myself or my significant other the same Nasty Fish-Gill type sores! I suggest chewing gum, using baking soda, and drink some milk! Also, take an enzyme such as Acidophilus to bounce back quicker from it! J/S
28yr. Self-Medicator of my D.O.Choice...Not Proud, J/S

Thank you for the advice. It has been very helpful.

Aftet 14 or so years I thought I would have experienced any possible side effect that there could be, but since I've never ran into this before now I was concerned that there was something wrong with the stuff I got.

For this to be so common I'm shocked that I haven't experienced it myself or known someone else who had sooner.

Why would it just be happening now and 4xs in a row at that?

Why would it just be happening now and 4xs in a row at that?

You know how lots of people experience jaw clenching on meth (bruxism)? I didn't. Not for years. Then one time, I was really focused on some stuff and started clenching my jaws a bit from the tension. I don't know why - maybe I had a funny taste in my mouth or something, no clue. But from that point on, I became a jaw clencher on almost any stimulant. My body had unconsciously learnt this new tension habit, that I wasn't even aware of, and eventually I cracked and chipped several of my own teeth from doing it.

It's probably something like that with you guys and rubbing your tongue against the insides of your teeth or some other kind of unconscious repetitive habit that causes friction, ulceration etc.

∆ I dont know how many teeth i have cracked or broken from this same grinding when sleeping even sober. Fuckin subconscious isn't my friend.
Still (until relatively recent) have a decent set of chompers but this - as all things - will and is passing.
I used to put the tip of my toungue between my front teeth before sleeping to curb the grind and it tends to work but now have bucked teeth. :rolleyes: Not really but it's been on my mind after years of this "solution".

Reactions: CFC
Any uptick in usage, administration or volume? Any other substance added to the regular use?
Actually, a decrease in usage. A year ago I was a daily user... Now I use only once every couple weeks to once a month, if that.

Could it be due to a decrease in tolerance?

I am worried about a new reaction/side effect that my bf and I have developed from meth use recently.

The last 4 times that we partied and stayed up for 2-3 nights straight, the sides of our tongues are lined with several painful furrows/fissures. They vary in depth. The deeper cracks are painful, where the shallower are mildly painful. We also have a bunch of swollen taste buds, smaller ones are red and also mildly painful. The larger ones are white, and very painful. The biggest one looks like a small blister.

At first, I thought it was likely related to dehydration. I've kept well hydrated, so I don't believe that is the cause. I was going to attach a couple of pictures, but I don't know how or if I can.
First off you and your BF know where or what exactly you have done? How do you test the grade or purity or even know what is in the mix you used? Sounds like acids in the mix or some of the chem's that make it up are still present? Not a main user of Meth because I like empathogens and stims together. Know when how, what. and exactly what was in the mix. Plus allot of self made concoctions like shake n bake can retain allot of extremely caustic chemicals. Acids will absolutely absorb water like a MAD SPONGE and can cause burns even in diluted doses. I do not know what is the ingredients in Meth but heard they are very strong. If you experienced lots of burning I would have dumped anti acids immediately and nuetralized it quickly.