• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine & Heart

pixxie-trip

Greenlighter
SWIM (my pet horse) tends to get a lot of anxiety when smoking ice. His heart pounds, and he gets muscle pains. It sometimes seems that if he smokes more his heart rate will go down a little bit. He asked me if its possible that the initial racing heart is due to anxiety. Has anyone else’s pet experienced this? Do they get chest & muscle pains? How fast is their heart rate usually. His heart will go from approximately 92bpm to 152bpm (resting) every few minutes.

If this is the wrong forum please don’t delete, just direct me to the right category. I haven’t posted on here in years.

Last edited:
Any potent stimulant is going to raise ur heart rate which is damaging to your heart. I used Coke for 10 years, I quit 6 years ago and now ive got Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (enlarged heart muscle) because of it! I'm only 33 so the condition is potentially reversible as long as stay abstinent.

use less, while this is a BAD suggestion, i will tell you how i address the anxiety issue, i take Gabapentinoids (pregabalin aka lyrica / gabapentin) a benzo will do the trick better but i find does not compliment amphetamine/amp analogs but can at times, aswell gabapentinoids/benzos will lower heart rate, aswell as blood pressure, but can be addicting both mentally and physically aswell as extremely habitually so use with caution.

Ensure you're not lacking electrolytes which can cause muscle spasm and cramping, anxiety can also be the direct cause of the physical issues youre mentioning and likely is so address that first, aswell as lessen your dosage.

Ya when I put meth in a drink and down it , it lowers my heart beat.
When I snort it it increases my heart beat.

I am sorry but only thing I can help you with is with the information that SWIMing (and) horses are not welcomed anymore. I believe that soon moderators would inform you that SWIM is not a thing anymore, as it does not protect you legally but creates confusion while reading posts.

Just say "I" instead of "SWIM" and if you wish to protect your anonymity do other things that you think are necessary and effective.

As I said, I can not help you with your issue because I never used methamphetamine. I suspect that once somebody put some meth in my coke, but I can not be sure as it was once in my life and methamphetamine is not available in my country. Wait a bit and somebody will give you the info you are after. :)
Thanks for the update. If SWIM is not longer allowed, is this post allowed if I were to change the SWIM to personal pronouns?

Its seem to me that meth users who obsess about their heart rate are rigging the game against themselves and lose every single time.

I never even think about my heart rate and.IV so there a guarantee the dude pounding at some points.

Try to avoid the worry and you may be surprised that it does make a physical difference. Easy to say I realize.

I have seen actually people freak out and be hospitalised for not legit reason other than a small paranoid thought that spiraled in to a few blow panick attack. But again, he set the trap and jumped in eyes wide open. Thats the problem with meth, it can play tricks on anyone and almost as a couscous being, will exploit the person who is most susceptible to falling for the trick.