• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine hallucinations without sleep deprivation

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
Is it possible for meth to cause the weird morphing visual distortions you normally get from binging even without sleep deprivation?
I use small amounts to study for finals and on the first night I was able to sleep four hours, and the next night I only slept about two hours.
So the next night I started to notice the normal morphing style amphetamine/sleep deprivation induced visual distortions.
So I didn't do any speed and was able to sleep a full 12 hour (10:00PM - 10:00AM) and after even just a small dose (I've vaped maybe 50mg worth over the last 3 hours) and the visual distortions are starting again despite having gotten fairly good sleep every night except for one.

I'm pretty sure shadowstryker made a thread about this a few weeks ago, but can't find it right now, so it looks like you're not the only one experiencing it

I can get these shadowpeople clear OEV after 2 big doses of MDPHP/A-PHP.
My theory is that it jacks up the dopamine too much in the brain and that is the main culprit for the hallucinations..

Yea I have gotten these visual disturbances from high(ish) doses of stimulants. Similar to Novak, I tended to notice it more from mdpv and the likes (a-pvp/A-PHP/etc) most often, but really, any stimulant seams to be able to cause this for me, more or less, regardless of lack of sleep.

In the same manner, high doses of stimulants can also cause psychosis regardless of any lack of sleep. It is most likely to occur while sleep deprived and strung out but the sleep deprivation is not a prerequisite. I can experience stimulant psychosis from a one off dose of stimulants, even while fully rested, if the dose is high enough.

I get hallucinations sometimes from high doses of IV cocaine or methamphetamine...I've always just thought of it as part of the psychosis that may happen when using high dose IV stims

Do you mean like Double vision, pulsating black specs off objects, increase color intenses, simple geometric patterns, brightness? Because ive had those from dexamph at peak. I believe on drugs inc crack users said a similar thing.

Is 5-HT2a agonism the cause of methamphetamine induced hallucinations?

I dont think so if aneything id say they most closely resemble benadyrl poisoning. Bugs, shadow people, blurry vision, double vision, weird tactile sensations, feeling like everyones staring at you, peoples faces looking more agressive, walls moving, orbs or like glitter coming off objects.

Is 5-HT2a agonism the cause of methamphetamine induced hallucinations?

That's what I was figuring because the visuals were somewhat like those from MDA mixed with mushrooms just without any change in colour or any of the other typical psychedelic effects.
It was just pure visual distortion, my perception of three dimensional perspectives was constantly shifting but without actually moving.
For example I was in the shower and looking at the back end of the tub where it meets the tile wall and it looked like the back end of the bath tub was continuously sinking into the ground while the tile was growing in an upward direction but without either of them actually going anywhere, but it felt really trippy because there was no point where the textures of tile would reset or anything and the cycle would start again, it was just continuous distorton.
And it was so vivid that the patterning of the tile made this obvious, I would focus on one area of the tile and that area would appear to be constantly moving upwards away from the tub while the tub was simultaneously sinking into the ground, as if sinking into quick sand or something.
But it definitely wasn't sleep related because after my 12 hour sleep I mentioned in the post before I got them again, but they went away slowly throughout the day and I was still vaping speed occasionally throughout that whole day.

And I should also mention I wasn't having any sort of paranoia or delusional thinking or anything of the sort. I was completely cognitive and coherent, it was just a little unsettling at first because I'd never heard of speed doing that except right before psychosis kicks in

Yep I've had that same feeling the times I did meth , I would think I see figures if it was night time and there was light in the distance I would start morphing figures in my mind and see it but nothing to the level of LSD or mushies

Holy Toast, I experience something similar to what you describe visual distortions and unusually trippy tile bathroom floor patterns usually on about night 3 of no sleep or after doing a large amount or both.

Thanks for the honest response, kleinerkiffer. I respect that.

I experience shadows, etc. Usually day 3 of poor or no sleep on IV meth or if I use after a few nights of my naturally occuring insomnia, which for me is waking up after an hour or two, falling asleep and waking in an hour. I have been an insomniac as long as I can remember. I need to do a sleep study some day. My thing is that I get in conversations in my head with people who I think of, when I lay down to try to sleep or while coming down. I speak my end of these conversations out loud apparently. The guy I party with heard some of my "self talks" and completely told me off and said some really mean things about my sanity. I mean seriously, wtf? It's not like I do it in the middle of a crowded Mall - usually happens when I get in bed and begin to relax and finally sleep. Does anyone else do anything like this? To me, it's not frightening or alarming and I am aware it's not "reality" He really dissed me and I'm feeling hurt and confused about this

Actually the number one predictor of when i get stimulant induced psychotic like effects is hypertension. This makes me think the hallucinations are simular to that of when in the forest lost at night or some other stressful situation like in snow whiteni think it was where the trees looked evil and everything hsd eyes around every corner.