• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Methamphetamine come-down - vs - MDMA come-down??

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Are these comparable?

Meth come down is basically intolerable for me, and whilst most acute in the following few days, tends to last more like weeks until completely gone.

My worry with MDMA is that, it's known to instate cognitive deterioration.

Granted that's typically with frequent use - once every 3 months is apparently okay.

But it's obviously still doing damage, just a more acceptable level of damage with low frequency use.

In any case, how do the come-downs compare between meth and MDMA?

Emotionally, physically?

PS - I even find the come-down from regular amphetamine to be harsh.

Not really comparable. People seem to vary in what they find the comedown to be worse with, for some dopamine hitting drugs are worse (that’s me) for others it’s serotonin biased drugs.

I find I tend to get much worse comedowns from meth and amphetamine but it’s short lived. Usually a day (sometimes half a day) maybe 2 if I went hard, then I bounce back quick.

MDMA and related drugs, it’s more drawn out if I even feel one at all. Usually instead of harsh depression it’s more volatile emotions. I’ll be fine then lose my cool big time for no reason. But more often than not I experience an afterglow which makes my weeks after better than usual.

-GC

Are these comparable?

Meth come down is basically intolerable for me, and whilst most acute in the following few days, tends to last more like weeks until completely gone.

My worry with MDMA is that, it's known to instate cognitive deterioration.

Granted that's typically with frequent use - once every 3 months is apparently okay.

But it's obviously still doing damage, just a more acceptable level of damage with low frequency use.

In any case, how do the come-downs compare between meth and MDMA?

Emotionally, physically?

PS - I even find the come-down from regular amphetamine to be harsh.

Exactly what evidence for cognitive deterioration with respect to MDMA usage do you have?

I would like to know the study your referencing.

The reason I ask is because volunteers have been given recreational doses of MDMA with absolutely no ill effects whatsoever.

^^ They were given the drug within safe guidelines.

It's possible to become psychotic on MDMA as it is with meth also?

It's not likely at all, unless you have a preexisting mental condition.
Ofcourse if you take more than half a gram, which you shouldn't, it may happen.

It's not likely at all, unless you have a preexisting mental condition.
Ofcourse if you take more than half a gram, which you shouldn't, it may happen.

I became psychotic on 180 mg meth, snorted, taken over about 18 hours.

Fully on loco psychotic.

Fully on loco psychotic.

Meth is several fold stronger than MDMA by weight.
I mean yesterday I did 2x200mg lines of MDMA, spaced 90 minutes apart, and fell asleep 4 hours after the second one.

Last edited:
That’s enough to cause hallucinations in some people and rare are those who could sleep 4h after without aid but we’re all different.

So, in regards to MDMA, my understanding is that they space out the sessions a month apart and have not seen any cognitive damage from that. And yeah, they are using therapeutic doses which are maxed out at 125mg.

Describe the difference between the "safe guidelines" that the study participants were under, which there weren't any other than dosage which was the same as a recreational dose between 100 and 160 mg, and what you think the average recreational user unsafe guidelines are.

If You know of some safe guidelines that we don't know about. With respect to MDMA, please share.

That’s enough to cause hallucinations in some people and rare are those who could sleep 4h after without aid but we’re all different.
Even with my crazy ass physiology, when I was habituated meaning taking MDMA three to four times a week every week for months, I could fall asleep in the middle of a roll, and then wake up. Still rolling. 😛

Then again, I've also been known to fall asleep in the middle of an acid trip and then wake up. Still tripping balls several hours later.

Describe the difference between the "safe guidelines" that the study participants were under, which there weren't any other than dosage which was the same as a recreational dose between 100 and 160 mg, and what you think the average recreational user unsafe guidelines are.

If You know of some safe guidelines that we don't know about. With respect to MDMA, please share.
I don't know anymore than you do. I was just saying that they used those dosages and they spaced it out a month apart. With that said, I do not think they used it more than 3 sessions, but I am just going off what I recall right now. So, I don't think they know about long term even spaced a month apart.

I don't know anymore than you do. I was just saying that they used those dosages and they spaced it out a month apart. With that said, I do not think they used it more than 3 sessions, but I am just going off what I recall right now. So, I don't think they know about long term even spaced a month apart.
Medical ethics says they're pretty sure that there's no damage going to be caused.

The "three months apart" is because Shulgin's wife made an off-handed comment about people SHE knew that did it more than four times a year, Lost the magic.

Not from some sort of scientific study.

I've done it 3 days in a row I've done it 4 days in a row I've done it 3-4 days in a row for weeks and months at a time.

I took 30 maybe 35 mg of MDA a day for 6 weeks to see how it worked for ADHD/OCD.

It actually worked really well but I couldn't continue to source it.

Never lost the magic, never had a problem with depression or anything like that.

I literally know dozens of people that maybe weren't prolific with their use as I was but took it a lot and they have no problems either.

I think more people literally make themselves sick because they think they've taken it too often. Psychosomatic illness is a bitch.

Medical ethics says they're pretty sure that there's no damage going to be caused.

The "three months apart" is because Shulgin's wife made an off-handed comment about people SHE knew that did it more than four times a year, Lost the magic.

Not from some sort of scientific study.

I've done it 3 days in a row I've done it 4 days in a row I've done it 3-4 days in a row for weeks and months at a time.

I took 30 maybe 35 mg of MDA a day for 6 weeks to see how it worked for ADHD/OCD.

It actually worked really well but I couldn't continue to source it.

Never lost the magic, never had a problem with depression or anything like that.

I literally know dozens of people that maybe weren't prolific with their use as I was but took it a lot and they have no problems either.

I think more people literally make themselves sick because they think they've taken it too often. Psychosomatic illness is a bitch.
I am with you. Back in the day, I used to have jars of the stuff before it was called molly and man I was doing it so much and it got to the point that I thought I was going to have a seizure. But yeah, I used that stuff like it was my religion and I never got brain damage so I dont really know where its coming from to be honest. I mean I have heard it alot, but I never really saw the studies. Not that there not out there, but with my anecdotal experience I was fine and trust me I was using excessively and for a good period of time.

I am with you. Back in the day, I used to have jars of the stuff before it was called molly and man I was doing it so much and it got to the point that I thought I was going to have a seizure. But yeah, I used that stuff like it was my religion and I never got brain damage so I dont really know where its coming from to be honest. I mean I have heard it alot, but I never really saw the studies. Not that there not out there, but with my anecdotal experience I was fine and trust me I was using excessively and for a good period of time.
Yeah I remember, we used to literally ride around with Ziploc baggies full of pills. Riding around town all whacked off a Scooby snacks. 😂

Even with my crazy ass physiology, when I was habituated meaning taking MDMA three to four times a week every week for months, I could fall asleep in the middle of a roll, and then wake up. Still rolling. 😛

Then again, I've also been known to fall asleep in the middle of an acid trip and then wake up. Still tripping balls several hours later.

I experienced MDMA kinda knocking me out (and not in some, OD bad way) few times from a too big dose. As stimulants usually keep me awake much longer than what main effects last I probably wrongly generalize that people can’t sleep at least for hours after MDMA peak.

Fully on loco psychotic.
Probably not what you want to hear but it seems like you might be prone to psychosis and should probably stay away from that class of drugs (or take very low doses). MDMA is likely ok if used sparingly.