• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine - Can my dopamine replenish if I'm taking 20mg of Adderall after I quit meth?

Etch_a_sketch

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone
This is my first post soI hope I've done it correctly.
I am currently supposed to be taking 20mg Aderall every morning. But I have been using methamphetamine almost daily for about 6 months so I stopped taking my Adderall. I’m nearing dopamine depletion, actually I may be there already, I know the signs all to well. What I’d like to know is when I stop using meth and go back on my Adderall, will my dopamine be able to replenlish or will the Adderall keep my levels down. Can my body make the amount of dopamine needed to feel normal while I’m taking Adderall?

you use "dopamine depletion" as a euphemism for what could probably also be described in prior times as a "crash" or even before that a type of nervous exhaustion and physical collapse.

how much in and exactly what ways has your physical and mental condition worsened during these six months of methamphetamine usage and were you taking it "on top of" the 20 mg Adderall?

why did you switch to methamphetamine and now after six months tell us why are you now considering going back to the prescribed pills? what's been the effect on you this past six months?

I don't buy into these receptor theory stories so when you ask
"Can my body make the amount of dopamine needed to feel normal while I’m taking Adderall?"

it seems what you want is a yes or no answer from people in situations similar to your own as to whether or not you can be a happy and healthy person whatever that means to you after you've switched from taking 20 mg Adderall to unknown amounts of methamphetamine, (what, iv, im, oral, rectal?, how much and how often? )self administered and of unknown quality and strength and then going back to 20 mg Adderall. And you didn't say how many if any of those 20 mg tabs you saved so you could be taking extras, or if you'd sold them or traded them for other drugs.

ok. you haven't told us anything about your situation so it seems to me that the best answer to give you is No, you were probably like almost everyone miserable on the 20 mg Adderall and will probably be miserable when you stop, if you can stop taking the methamphetamine. 20 mg of adderall is probably not enough to change a miserable person into a happy person. Especially so after 6 months of free reign of methamphetamine usage.

Last edited:
I doubt your dopamine depleted because it plays a import role in movement and im guessing you can still move.

In my opinion taking 20 mg as prescribed probably wont cause you to stop trending to feeling normal. However, i dont think 20 mg will make you happy or satisified and i think if you went to drugs i think even your baseline isnt that great. Id focus on changing what you do in your daily life because if your feeling normal but bored and miserable i think your just gunna jump back on meth.