• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine/ blown veins in my leg help

Sharla B

Greenlighter
Recently I have resorted to shooting up in my legs or I sometimes have someone inject me in veins in my stomach all because those are the only remaining places for me to use. Anyway, hasn't been going so well with the legs. Twice now,in my right lower leg, I have chosen too small of veins and ended up blowing them. Needless to say,right below my calf down to the top of my foot is really red and painful. I just started elevating it and that seems to help. What else can I do and how long is this going to last cuz already on my 2nd day.

Hi Sharla, welcome to Bluelight :)

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty finding IV sites. Which locations around the body have you already used? How hydrated are you when you're trying to inject?

Hi Sharla, welcome to Bluelight :)

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty finding IV sites. Which locations around the body have you already used? How hydrated are you when you're trying to inject?
I'm fairly hydrated. I have used all the available veins and several arteries in both arms and hands, every vein and probably even an artery in my neck, the veins in my forehead, veins in top of both feet none of which are useable at all now. I think I am at the point to where I can no longer inject drugs ever again. If so, does that mean if I were in the hospital and needed an IV to save my life,that I would die?

If so, does that mean if I were in the hospital and needed an IV to save my life,that I would die?
No. There are huge veins they can get to that we are unable to get to with insulin syringes.

My heart is breaking for you right now, I am so sorry you're in this position. You are playing a dangerous game and unfortunately, there is no way to really fix any of this except for giving your veins time to heal and focusing on your health.

As a fellow IV meth user, I have had my fair share of misses. When shooting in my legs, I used a flashlight pressed against my skin to help me find bigger veins.

As far as your misses go, I would tightly wrap my misses with an ace bandage and apply heat often. It's going to be sore and warm for a few days, but if it gets hot, nasty or looks like streaks are coming out of it, get to a doctor as soon as you can.

You really need to focus on babying the few veins you have left. Do not reuse needles if you can help it. Try not to fish around a lot and try not to hurry, but I know this is easier said than done.

There are veins in the backs of your knees that may be useful. Also, have a friend tie you off and try the arm above the elbow.

I hope things get better for you. Please try to take a break.

Reactions: CFC