• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine and cocaine combo iv is illogical

Pewter

Greenlighter
I am a scientist by trade, not that it stops me doing stupid things:
So here's the theory: iv methamphetamine is great, iv cocaine is great, why not both together?

Theory:
Methamphetamine is a dopamine (DA), noradrenaline (NA) and serotonin (5-HT) transport inhibitor as well as being able to cause vesicular release of all these neurotransmitters by inhibiting vesicular monoamine transporters (VMATs). All of that causes me to feel "good".
Cocaine is only a DA, 5-HT and NA transport inhibitor. It does not affect VMATs. So in effect they are competing for the same sites to make us feel good, without causing the extra dumping of neurotransmitters amphetamines does.

Practice:
I was still going to try it out.
I did an acid/base extraction on all of my gear, so purity is as close to 100% as you can get. I make sure methamphetamine does not contain n-isopropylbenzylamine (n-iso), because that shit is plain nasty and I can't get rid of it with A/B extractions (makes me delirious when I accidentally inject it).

60mg methamphetamine and 60mg cocaine.hcl both iv, dissolved in 0.4ml saline. Found a vein super (after washing hands, swabbing arm etc) and... nothing special. No real rush. A normal methamphetamine high, but couldn't feel the coke at all. Royal waste of time.

More theory:
Amphetamine is a treatment for cocaine addiction. Take any form amphetamine (Adderal, methamphetamine, dexamphetamine) at low dose for a week or two and cocaine will stop working for you. Still get the racing heart etc, still want to have more after an hour, but no euphoria. It does it by changing dopamine transport subunit oligomers (caused by cocaine) to monomers. Check it out on (Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2012 Jun; 35(2): 425–439.) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3417072/)

Again practice:
I used to get a whopping great high from cocaine. I took 5mg dexamphetamine four times a day for a couple of months (for ADHD), and afterwards cocaine stopped working. So any cocaine addicts out there, a solution is at hand.

Take care

Yes, in general mixing reuptake inhibitors with monoamine releasing agents results in reduced desired effects and increased side-effects. Never tested it with meth and coke at the same time. Definitely noticed it with other combos.

Practice:
I was still going to try it out.
I did an acid/base extraction on all of my gear, so purity is as close to 100% as you can get. I make sure methamphetamine does not contain n-isopropylbenzylamine (n-iso), because that shit is plain nasty and I can't get rid of it with A/B extractions (makes me delirious when I accidentally inject it).

Can you please share HOW you come to a satisfactory conclusion that your dope is n-iso-free? Why/how do A/B extractions fail to get rid of the stuff? People wanna know!

Great post btw :)

just a friendly piece of advice, meth and coke is a dangerous combo. My advice would be to do one or the other.

n-iso is an alkaloid, so it gets extracted with the meth (they have a very similar pKa). There is no real way of telling if my gear had n-iso, HOWEVER, when I freebase meth, it forms a cloudy layer over the aqueous layer. Freebased n-iso is clear. So basically if you have a cloudy and clear layer when freebased you have n-iso. The other reason why I knew it wasn't n-iso is because I react really badly to it (amotivated and severely depressed the next day). I buy my gear in batches, and this stuff made me feel like good old normal meth.

n-iso is an alkaloid, so it gets extracted with the meth (they have a very similar pKa). There is no real way of telling if my gear had n-iso, HOWEVER, when I freebase meth, it forms a cloudy layer over the aqueous layer. Freebased n-iso is clear. So basically if you have a cloudy and clear layer when freebased you have n-iso. The other reason why I knew it wasn't n-iso is because I react really badly to it (amotivated and severely depressed the next day). I buy my gear in batches, and this stuff made me feel like good old normal meth.

To me that just tells me that you have at least 2 different compounds in your product. Why do you assume one of them is n-iso? The effects you're describing could be placebo/nocebo or due to something else entirely. Were you able to compare it to a sample of pure n-iso?

Would like to know more about n-iso but there isn't much info available. AFAIK it hasn't even been proven to be active the same way meth is.

Last edited:
The thing to keep in mind with meth is that the reaction variables have less to do with isomers than ph levels, components and technique. IOW, batches of like purity can still have vastly different characteristics. Cerebral, euphoric,introverted, extroverted. Cooks that could manipulate with consistency were legend.