• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Methamphetamine And Autism (ASD)

Smith1896

Bluelighter
I am a 25 year old who has Autism co associating with ADHD, OCD, Clinical Anxiety, MDD(Major Depressive Disorder) PTSD, Mixed Bipolar 1,

That being said, I am a huge fan of how substances effect the brain from nicotine to Crack. I know research in the topic of substance abuse and autism is scarse and that being said I figured why not contribute to the cause...

If anyone wants to know the correlation between a disorder of mine and the substances I use and how they effect me I would love to answer them, I put this in Harm Reduction because nobody tends to believe I use substance #13 at the rate that I did (I used every day all day a couple years back) now I use it once or twice a month or so. Please note I will only give my OWN experience in my answers, most people are advised to not use any substances if you have a single disorder... I happen to not care what is said to me, as I never dropped into peer pressure, I only ever used out of curiosity which happened when I was 15 because I was on the dea's website and looked at pictures of MA knew I would try it later on in life and did when I turned 23.... If anyone has a question for substance #13 please also ask the ROA as it varys for me depending on how I admisitered it. I will put the age I first used I was when I first used that specific substance I will not mention prescribed stims because I was prescribed adderall at 5 and then at 17 I gave up on ADHD treatment after being on Vyvanse for 4 years... Anywho..

1. Marijuana 14.5
2. Synthetic Marijuana. 15
3. Alcohol 15
4. Shrooms 20
5. Acid 21
6. Cocaine 23
7. MDMA Capsule (presses ruin my stomach) 22
8. Benzos 16
9. Oxycontin 18
10. Vicodin 20
11.GHB 23
12.Heroin 24 (only used it one time)
13. Methamphetamine 22
I do not use needles on anything, so when you ask my ROA please recognize that I only ever ate, snorted or smoked/vaped any substance.

I have been on prescribed tons medicine my entire life, from painkillers to amphetamines hell I even had a doctor try to treat my OCD with a heart pressure medicine, if we are being honest I am mainly here to talk about number 13 because mainly of the terrible stigma, but also the fact that ASD is a neurological disorder and NOT a pyschological disorder such as mixed bipolar/schizophrenia or MDD. Which MOST people aren't aware of. But decided that I would do everything considering I am an open book and really would love to help people with not just curiosity or self harm, but as well as anyone with a disorder but also people whom wish to get into the world of psychology... I am not bragging when I say this but having several mental illnessess ontop of using so many substances I feel I should be an actual study, If you are gonna be doing drugs, do them for a reason... Not a want. Why put yourself at risk of addiction for nothing?

I have never stolen anything for substance, I used to trade games at gamestop for weed but that was as a teen.. I am in great physical shape and even though I have been using #13 for years now.. No cavities... Which is odd because before use I used to get 2-3 a year. I will also give advice too! Someone entertain me!

UPDATE: I am NOT here to PROMOTE substance use, but ONLY to inform and discuss with anyone who would like the help.

Mental Health/Quitting/Comedown tips I can offer most in, I have quit for a couple years as well and got back on it or as 12 steppers call it (relapse) so if you are struggling with self guilt from that I am ears for as well!!

If anything I say is wrong or seems untrue please call me out.

Last edited:
Items 1., 2., & 3., on your list at the ages you indicate using them possibly contributed to your psychological disorders. Especially Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorder. There is no shortage of evidence that cannabis potentially exacerbates or triggers latent mental illness when used by teens.

What I read is a pretty typical pattern where a teenager fucks their developing mind up with cannabis and then self-medicates with increasingly harder drugs as they get older.

I’m not sure what your point is here. You’/ve written your post like you have some kind of miraculous revelation to share. But on what you have written you seem like just another fucked up poly drug fiend who likes drug culture as much as he likes taking the drugs themselves. That’s great, a huge number of people here are exactly the same. If you were posting that you’d done all those drugs and had those conditions and believed the drugs were why you graduated top of your class from Harvard and are now CEO of a tech unicorn then that would be news to share. But you’re not are you?

You are free to discuss meth to your heart’s content - but expect plenty of rebuttals from experienced users and ex-users if you want to argue it’s as safe and effective self-treatment for anything.

Items 1., 2., & 3., on your list at the ages you indicate using them possibly contributed to your psychological disorders. Especially Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorder. There is no shortage of evidence that cannabis potentially exacerbates or triggers latent mental illness when used by teens.

What I read is a pretty typical pattern where a teenager fucks their developing mind up with cannabis and then self-medicates with increasingly harder drugs as they get older.

I’m not sure what your point is here. You’/ve written your post like you have some kind of miraculous revelation to share. But on what you have written you seem like just another fucked up poly drug fiend who likes drug culture as much as he likes taking the drugs themselves. That’s great, a huge number of people here are exactly the same. If you were posting that you’d done all those drugs and had those conditions and believed the drugs were why you graduated top of your class from Harvard and are now CEO of a tech unicorn then that would be news to share. But you’re not are you?

You are free to discuss meth to your heart’s content - but expect plenty of rebuttals from experienced users and ex-users if you want to argue it’s as safe and effective self-treatment for anything
When I asked you to come read this I figured you would act as an actual moderator and not just someone to be so judgemental, you are just as bad as the average cheetoh fingered youtube spammer... I had mentioned in the beginning that I start adderall around the time I was 5 and quit vyvanse at 17 so I mean.. If weed is really stronger than vyvanse andSadderall to you.. That is how YOU respond to it, I will be informing the correct indiviuals about your tendacy to be overall.. The exact opposite of what you stand for I think theres a word for that.. starts with an h.. ends with an e. Which is expected, I expect hypocrisy everywhere that I go.. But when your numbers show the amount of time you have invested of your life to "helping" people.. It is very sad to see it all go to nothing because of your ego.. When you quit doing your day to day responsibilites, you get fired..

You can have all the money in the world, there is no place selling time.. I do methamphetamine on occasions, time goes by faster here and there, big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I asked you to come read this I figured you would act as an actual moderator and not just someone to be so judgemental

I’m not a moderator. I was in the past. Now I am just a regular member.
, you are just as bad as the average cheetoh fingered youtube spammer... I had mentioned in the beginning that I start adderall around the time I was 5 and quit vyvanse at 17 so I mean.. If weed is really stronger than vyvanse andSadderall to you.
I did not say weed was stronger or weaker than anything. I said science shows it contributes to poor mental health outcomes for many teens who use it. Then I provided the evidence supporting that claim. If you don’t like evidence-based arguments or science that’s your issue, not mine.
. That is how YOU respond to it, I will be informing the correct indiviuals about your tendacy to be overall.. The exact opposite of what you stand for I think theres a word for that.. starts with an h.. ends with an e. Which is expected, I expect hypocrisy everywhere that I go.. But when your numbers show the amount of time you have invested of your life to "helping" people.. It is very sad to see it all go to nothing because of your ego.. When you quit doing your day to day responsibilites, you get fired..

I’ve got no idea what you are talking about here. But if you are suggesting I somehow do not help people here by stating the truth rather than pandering to their drug-induced and/or under-educated beliefs then that is also your problem and not mine. My inbox is full of thank you messages from people I’ve steered in the right direction. And if you are inferring I was fired as a moderator you need to check your sources my friend, because the decision to stand down came from me as I had other commitments in life to focus on and I fully intend to return to moderating duties in due course and be welcomed by management when I do.
You can have all the money in the world, there is no place selling time.. I do methamphetamine on occasions, time goes by faster here and there, big deal.
So do I. Most people here know I love meth and know a fair bit about it. Especially about its dangers. And the delusions of people who think it is a medicine.
The only reason I am slightly upset about you being a complete fucking asshole, is that just like all other assholes you talk, never ask.. I have paperwork I could prove to you when I got my diagnoses and I can also prove to you that the things I do have other than autism are from other things such as Genetics
Great. The science says that it is genetics that predispose people to cannabis risk of major mental health issues. It’s all about genetics.
I will be reporting you.
You’ll need to be quick because I’ve already reported you for calling me a ‘complete fucking asshole’. That’s a violation of the BLUA. But I expect you’ll just get asked to edit out the insult. Save the mods some time and do it before they have to tell you to.

The only reason I am slightly upset about you being a complete fucking asshole, is that just like all other assholes you talk, never ask.. I have paperwork I could prove to you when I got my diagnoses and I can also prove to you that the things I do have other than autism are from other things such as Genetics

I will be reporting you.
I do not get the impression that @Perforated had any intent to come across as disrespectful or that he was questioning the validity of any of your diagnoses.

While I personally partially disagree with his belief that cannabis can cause such mental illness, I understand the point that he was trying to make.
My personal belief is that it merely triggers mental disorders such as schizophrenia in those already predisposed to them, and that much of the association with depression is attributable to the fact that those with no trauma, life issues, or mental illness are probably not turning to cannabis at such a young age. I have absolutely seen it worsen such issues, however.

Regardless, I think that his point was that 1. Your post is a bit hard to follow and the point of it is a bit unclear and 2. you seem to be implying that drugs such as methamphetamine are far safer than they actually are, and that can be a very controversial and harmful position to take.

I encourage you to make an effort to be more respectful and receptive to constructive criticism both in general and during your time on BL.

Well, I didn't mean for it to come off as that way, nowadays you can find some kind of source saying something isn't nearly as safe as it is.. People will use any source to justify things, but I do not promote any substance abuse, I don't care if its food sugar or street drugs lol.. I did NOT mean for it to come off that way, also if someone is gonna start makeing statements about someones personal information such as mental health you could ask them a question, calling them names and assuming things is for the people who don't do there research.

The point of the post is to simply help people whom use any of the substance I used to use, have any mental health stuff.. etc.. Lots of people feel that becuase of an illness that its best, now with people becoming more and more aware of Desoxyn they will get the ohhh it came from a doctor thing.. so meth must be nice. I simply put out my illnessess along with breif information that people can relate to.. Because relating is rare on bluelight, they would rather fight, argue, scam, Spam and argue. All I want to do is help people.

What triggered me is I created an account hoping this was a good place for research that is legitamate and not stigma/propaganda

also if someone is gonna start makeing statements about someones personal information such as mental health you could ask them a question, calling them names and assuming things is for the people who don't do there research.
To be honest, I do not see anyone other than yourself choosing to engage in name calling in this thread. Can you explain what specifically @Perforated said that you have an issue with?
The point of the post is to simply help people whom use any of the substance I used to use, have any mental health stuff.. etc.. Lots of people feel that becuase of an illness that its best, now with people becoming more and more aware of Desoxyn they will get the ohhh it came from a doctor thing.. so meth must be nice. I simply put out my illnessess along with breif information that people can relate to..
That is an admirable and respectable purpose for a post. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Because relating is rare on bluelight, they would rather fight, argue, scam, and argue. All I want to do is help people.
Again, I don't think that anyone here has the intention of starting an argument. From my experience on this site, it is one of the most positive and close-knit communities on the internet these days.

@Smith1896 as a peace offering and to clear any misunderstanding please check out this thread - which I started to defend meth users from stigmatisation on Bluelight. As you can see, I am not into stigmatising people or drugs. https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/on-the-demonisation-of-methamphetamine-on-bluelight.907071/

You might find that thread a useful place to carry forward once of the things you want to talk about. You will get a sympathetic ear there. But you also need to be resilient and be prepared to defend your claims.

Dudes chill out.

No need to start a flame war over nothing.

Text is a fucked conversation medium of communication . You cant tell the cadence or tone of what ppl are saying and it can be especially hard for ppl with communication problems. Trust me I know from first hand experience.

And OP I see where your coming from, you put yourself out there and didn't get the response you were expecting but chill out, perforated is a cool guy and I dont think he ment his post to come off as you read it.

No one is making fun of you because u have a bunch of alphabet diagnoses. Were all a little fucked up on here tbh.

And I get where perforated is coming from too. Drugs and adolescent minds dont mix well.

Also this thread might be better off in new member introductions.

While I personally partially disagree with his belief that cannabis can cause such mental illness, I understand the point that he was trying to make.
My personal belief is that it merely triggers mental disorders such as schizophrenia in those already predisposed to them, and that much of the association with depression is attributable to the fact that those with no trauma, life issues, or mental illness are probably not turning to cannabis at such a young age. I have absolutely seen it worsen such issues, however.\

The way you expressed it is actually what I was trying to say (and also my personal experience). Often people traumatised as children, pre-teens, early-teens turn to weed as a way to cope when they are in their mid-teens. An unknown proportion of those will have a predisposition (genetic) to other disorders ranging from addiction to depression, anxiety and various forms of psychosis. It is a snowball effect but not everyone is equally vulnerable. SOme people suffer serious trauma as a child, smoke reams of weed as a teenager, and then go on to live happy fulfilled and successful lives. Science says a proportion will not and there is a causal connection wrapped up in their genetics and life experience hitting head on.

What triggered me is I created an account hoping this was a good place for research that is legitamate and not stigma/propaganda
It is and it isn't Tbh.

Depending on where you go and who you ask it can be really good for finding support and HR info. But if you post in the social area looking for sincere advice you may get the piss taken out of you.

My personal belief is that it merely triggers mental disorders such as schizophrenia in those already predisposed to them,
I have a mate who has schizophrenia and when he smokes weed it makes him a lot worse.

He is genetically predisposed to schizophrenia and it was triggered by acid.

He is genetically predisposed to schizophrenia and it was triggered by acid.
I unfortunately also have friends who suffer from schizophrenia triggered/worsened by drugs (I believe cannabis in all cases, though they all also used shrooms and acid) It can be quite heartbreaking to see them go through periods of denial and excessive use of cannabis/psychedelics. Hope your friend is doing okay.

I unfortunately also have friends who suffer from schizophrenia triggered/worsened by drugs (I believe cannabis in all cases, though they all also used shrooms and acid) It can be quite heartbreaking to see them go through periods of denial and excessive use of cannabis/psychedelics. Hope your friend is doing okay.
He's in a rough patch atm. Thanks for asking❤️

It is and it isn't Tbh.

Depending on where you go and who you ask it can be really good for finding support and HR info. But if you post in the social area looking for sincere advice you may get the piss taken out of you.
I am hoping to give, not get advice.. Lol

I never really did make that clear, I apologize. I also didn't know where to post it, I literally created my account about a few hours ago hoping people would be actively looking for people, I found perforated actually asked him to read this.

I apologize for taking what you said the wrong way @perforator

It is in self harm because I didn't know what to catagorize it as, I mean we all know crystal has its hell of a way of making people act compulsively.. so if some younger person thinks they are treating OCD by using, eh... I know anyone will use any reason to use, they don't even care if its justified or not.

I was put on adderall when I was 3-5 years old and moved to sttratera at 10, moved to vyvanse at 14 and after 2 stimulants and a non stimulant (strattera) I was offered at that time if I wanted to try Desoxyn but said no when he told me what it was, (this was before I had ever done crystal) now that I am using crystal I am in the middle of lab tests and my doctors consultation to get back on it.. Insurance will not cover it and I have the best insurance you can get. Since there are only around 16,400 prescriptions written a year its not gonna be anytime soon, vyvanse doesn't have a generic so I paid a lot for that.

Also, since I am autistic it is hard for me to understand someone without hearing their tone as I had to go thru 15 years of speech therapy, I apologize again for lashing out.. I guess I should have read it over a couple more times.

Also, since I am autistic it is hard for me to understand someone without hearing their tone as I had to go thru 15 years of speech therapy, I apologize again for lashing out.. I guess I should have read it over a couple more times.
Yea I've got 'tism as well, text fucking sucks am I right?

You might want to do a bit of lurking so you can get a better feel for the vibe around here.(and also to check out some amazing stories).

Also this sort of thread is more suited for new member introductions.

Oh, whoops.. When I read self harm I took it as neurotoxicity. Like brain harm lol.. I used to give anyone who ever smoked with me like 4-5 vitamins/weed/seroquel.

If everybody just does the human basics.. Sleep, Shower,Drink, eat all will be good, now for teeth I know for a fact that the 'meth mouth' thing is simply due to lack of saliva, if you don't have saliva on your teeth anything will do that, especially weed, dry mouth sucks.. Which brings my very first piece of advice to people who just don't wanna take time out of there use to brush

Biotene, shits incredible.