View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Methallylescaline and DXM

Jonmolly

Greenlighter
So I've done my research and found that this combo is relatively safe. I have a good amount of both substances (alot) and I've only done them separately. I could only find a few reports on mescaline + dxm. I enjoy taking high doses of dxm (900-1000mg). I usually do 80 mg of the Methallylescaline but have accidentally taken 150 mg before, and oh boy, that was not a fun trip. Extremely intense and needed some risperidone to kill the trip (thank God!). I was wondering if taking 40mg of Methallylescaline and 800mg of DXM would be a good idea. And if anyone has tried it (or a similar phenethylamine) what that experience was like. DXM to me is a very introspective godly trip where I have seen God shine his light on me. It's a very special dissociative for me. MAL is fun but not as enlightening as the DXM imo. I have Robocough tablets and MAL hcl powder. What are your thoughts?

Fascinating combo. Do a trip report sometime OP. Welcome.

I never had either of those. May try MAL someday.

I will definitely keep you guys posted. Expect a trip report this Saturday evening!

Really scary combo. For starters, I began with a high dose of dxm 1000mg. As I usually like this plateau. I do a lot of astral surfing with my AirPods on. 1 hour into it I dosed 50 mg of MAL and as soon as it kicked it things got very weird. The drifting and hallucinating factors of the MAL were extremely intensified by the DXM I’m guessing due to its serotonergic properties. As time passed things got worse. Instead of a clean introspective hole surf on the dxm. It became a bizarre open eyed freak show. I was scared I did something wrong. That I might die. These are 2 very long lasting substances. I started getting paranoid about serotonin syndrome and thought I had fucked my brain for good. Out of desperation I had some emergency Risperidone on hand. Took 2 mg and in about an hour I started to come back to normal. I will never repeat that again. Please do not mix these 2 substances. They synergize intensely, and it is not enjoyable at all. Fuck that forever. Amen Amen

Well with some combos you get nice synergy and more rewarding, more intense experience than with each alone but with other combos you not only get somewhat stronger experience but rather multiple times more intense experience and you took one substance in very high dose, high enough that I bet you would feel difference even if you took threshold dose of MAL on it, possibly resulting in a nice, not scary combo. And you already had MAL experience you aborted so this is not surprising.

Well with some combos you get nice synergy and more rewarding, more intense experience than with each alone but with other combos you not only get somewhat stronger experience but rather multiple times more intense experience and you took one substance in very high dose, high enough that I bet you would feel difference even if you took threshold dose of MAL on it, possibly resulting in a nice, not scary combo. And you already had MAL experience you aborted so this is not surprising.
You’re probably right. Maybe a smaller dose of the DXM would’ve been better. It was very intense but they did sinergize together

You’re probably right. Maybe a smaller dose of the DXM would’ve been better. It was very intense but they did sinergize together
When it comes to using DXM to potentiate classic psychedelics, less is more. I also made the mistake of taking too much with LSD once. Very intense trip, made it about 7hr before I was forced to abort with benzos and APs.

Also, 2mg risperidone is overkill and potentially bad. 1mg is far enough to saturate receptors to kill a trip, beyond that is asking for dangerous side effects. Risperidone is extremely potent.

Hey man thanks for updating. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe 1/3 of the doses of both may have been better. But after what happened I would not try it again. Good thing you had something on hand like risperidone. I did not know that a med like that could possibly counteract serotonin syndrome. You learn something new everyday.

Feel free to keep us posted on the next combo. I would read with interest. You already sound like a seasoned psychonaut Jonmolly.

When it comes to using DXM to potentiate classic psychedelics, less is more. I also made the mistake of taking too much with LSD once. Very intense trip, made it about 7hr before I was forced to abort with benzos and APs.

Also, 2mg risperidone is overkill and potentially bad. 1mg is far enough to saturate receptors to kill a trip, beyond that is asking for dangerous side effects. Risperidone is extremely potent.
1 mg risperidone should’ve done the trick but I was really worried it wouldn’t be enough. I have bipolar disorder and keep those for emergency psychosis from manic sleep deprivation. 2 mg just mellows me out and doesn’t seem to knock me out like other people. I might revisit this combo again but on much smaller doses. I way over did it. Dumb thing to do.

Hey man thanks for updating. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe 1/3 of the doses of both may have been better. But after what happened I would not try it again. Good thing you had something on hand like risperidone. I did not know that a med like that could possibly counteract serotonin syndrome. You learn something new everyday.

Feel free to keep us posted on the next combo. I would read with interest. You already sound like a seasoned psychonaut Jonmolly.
No problem. I like sharing my experiences. And I do have a history of experimenting with different combos and psychedelics. My favorite so far has been 4-ho-met (80 mg) 1 hour after taking 150mg of LSD. Great synergy. Just enough spacing for both chemicals not to compete on the serotonin receptor.