• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone

Binky7766

Bluelighter
A friend of mine gave me an unmarked bottle of what he said it was methadone. He knows I want to ease the withdrawal symptoms from the Oxy that I’ve been taking for only about a week and a half. There may be about 3 ounces in the bottle. What I want to know is, what is a safe amount of liquid methadone to take? I have a decent tolerance to opioids. I want to be very cautious here. Also, will it produce any kind of high? Thanks for any help.

First, what do you mean by an unmarked bottled?

And... 3oz? United States fluid ounces? How did you measure that? If so, thats about 90ml.

How many mg of methadone per ml?

It's important here... I had a friend die a few months ago from methadone overdose trying to get high on it.

First, what do you mean by an unmarked bottled?

And... 3oz? United States fluid ounces? How did you measure that? If so, thats about 90ml.

How many mg of methadone per ml?

It's important here... I had a friend die a few months ago from methadone overdose trying to get high on it.

Yes about 3 US fluid ounces. Like a small pill bottle about halfway full. I have absolutely no other information about it; I only was hoping to ease the symptoms of what should be a mild OXY withdrawal.I thought I might try a droplet from my finger onto my tongue as a test. I don’t want anything bad to happen and that’s why I’ve come here for advice. The guy that gave it to me is a former addict and he had it left over. He is an acquaintance of the family and I don’t think he would intentionally give me something harmful. But I would still be extremely cautious in trying it. Maybe I shouldn’t take it at all.

Yes about 3 US fluid ounces. Like a small pill bottle about halfway full. I have absolutely no other information about it; I only was hoping to ease the symptoms of what should be a mild OXY withdrawal.I thought I might try a droplet from my finger onto my tongue as a test. I don’t want anything bad to happen and that’s why I’ve come here for advice. The guy that gave it to me is a former addict and he had it left over. He is an acquaintance of the family and I don’t think he would intentionally give me something harmful. But I would still be extremely cautious in trying it. Maybe I shouldn’t take it at all.
You should really call your friend and ask him the dosage. I'm sure he could tell you at least that much.

We really can't tell you anything until we know the dosage.

Pretty irresponsible of someone, even an addict, to just hand you a bottle full of a drug which can kill you without mentioning how much methadone is in there...

We cannot provide any advice to you without knowing the dosage you are taking.

Other than you should take as little as possible, and methadone is not a drug you want to abuse. It will make you sick more than it will make you high if you aren't already an opioid addict.

In my opinion fentanyl (analogues/street stuff) and methadone share some qualities, someone who isn't dependent on opioids would get very sick and have an unpleasant reaction, only someone who is highly dependent might find them enjoyable.

You need to ask your friend.

It is often diluted with water by methadone clinics, but not always (particularly in cases when one is on a high dose). My methadone (when I got it in liquid form) was never diluted because I was on enormous doses.

But for safety's sake assume it is undiluted, which in the US is 10mg/ml (or in some cases 1mg/ml, which is generally a green liquid). Is it pink?

You should really call your friend and ask him the dosage. I'm sure he could tell you at least that much.

We really can't tell you anything until we know the dosage.

Pretty irresponsible of someone, even an addict, to just hand you a bottle full of a drug which can kill you without mentioning how much methadone is in there...

We cannot provide any advice to you without knowing the dosage you are taking.

Other than you should take as little as possible, and methadone is not a drug you want to abuse. It will make you sick more than it will make you high if you aren't already an opioid addict.

In my opinion fentanyl (analogues/street stuff) and methadone share some qualities, someone who isn't dependent on opioids would get very sick and have an unpleasant reaction, only someone who is highly dependent might find them enjoyable.
I will definitely ask him about the dosage. Thank you for your input. It’s very much appreciated!

You need to ask your friend.

It is often diluted with water by methadone clinics, but not always (particularly in cases when one is on a high dose). My methadone (when I got it in liquid form) was never diluted because I was on enormous doses.

But for safety's sake assume it is undiluted, which in the US is 10mg/ml (or in some cases 1mg/ml, which is generally a green liquid). Is it pink?
It’s clear, no pink. Why do you ask? Does the clear hue indicate that it might be diluted?

It’s clear, no pink. Why do you ask? Does the clear hue indicate that it might be diluted?
Im From Finland and we have methadone in ready 50ml bottles.. behind the link
FINLAND METHADONE

He's asking because there is green and purple methadone concentrates I don't remember how much they contain methadone /ml but the clear liguid would be base version and there is also 2 kinds of that 1/3 and 1/10ml think.

You need to ask your friend what his dosage is or more specifically, how much Methadone he gave you. In the United States, Methadone is dispensed most commonly as a 10mg/ml solution. This solution is typically placed in a small bottle with a safety-seal, tamper-evident cap. However, no matter how much Methadone is given, the bottle itself will always be filled to the top with water. This means that everyone who leaves the clinic will be leaving with the same volume of liquid, but each bottle can contain a wide range of different dosages of Methadone.

There are people at the clinic taking 5mg per day and there are people who take 220mg per day. The only safe thing is to ask your friend. I'm surprised they didn't just tell you when they gave it to you. It just seems like a question that couldn't easily go unanswered during the conversation or handoff of the drugs.

At any rate, when you find out how much Methadone you have, I would shoot for 30mg Methadone to ease your symptoms and reduce by 5mg-10mg for up to 5 days. That would be pretty ideal in my opinion, but this will all depend upon how much you have and whether you can get more. Keep us posted.

Sorry for my delayed response and thank you so much for your feedback. I did 1 teaspoon per day of 30 mg and it worked out fine. it was a lifesaver.

You need to ask your friend what his dosage is or more specifically, how much Methadone he gave you. In the United States, Methadone is dispensed most commonly as a 10mg/ml solution. This solution is typically placed in a small bottle with a safety-seal, tamper-evident cap. However, no matter how much Methadone is given, the bottle itself will always be filled to the top with water. This means that everyone who leaves the clinic will be leaving with the same volume of liquid, but each bottle can contain a wide range of different dosages of Methadone.

There are people at the clinic taking 5mg per day and there are people who take 220mg per day. The only safe thing is to ask your friend. I'm surprised they didn't just tell you when they gave it to you. It just seems like a question that couldn't easily go unanswered during the conversation or handoff of the drugs.

At any rate, when you find out how much Methadone you have, I would shoot for 30mg Methadone to ease your symptoms and reduce by 5mg-10mg for up to 5 days. That would be pretty ideal in my opinion, but this will all depend upon how much you have and whether you can get more. Keep us posted.
I will. Thank you very much!