• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone withdrawl

Try to ignore your brain. It will trick you into finding symptoms where there are none. Keep yourself busy to keep your mind off it. Methadone can hold you for days if you can resist that nagging voice in your head that says you need more drugs.

This is absolutely true. Your mind can trick you and make you feel symptoms that aren't there.

If you do end up buying heroin though, just be careful if you haven't taken any in a while. Particularly if you have been in withdrawal a couple days by the time you do.

Also, try not to beat yourself up too much, even if you do end up using. Just accept you made a mistake, one many have made before, and try again.

I just say this cause I know in your position I'd be likely to have my junkie brain encourage me to just keep using.

People make mistakes, people like us especially, I doubt anyone achieves any significant recovery from a serious heroin problem without a long string of relapses first.

Again, good luck man, I'm rooting for you. :)

You’re going to be in pain for sure. Don’t dose more than 10 mg at a time. Don’t dose unless you have mild-moderate withdrawals (which begin 4-8 hours after you think they’ve started). Don’t dose closet than 8 hours together.

the stuff damn near killed me but lope May be the way to go at around 100 mg per day with 10 mg methadone you’d probably be good.

I feel like I’m the only one who still has to go in everyday to my clinic but that’s what I get for peeing dirty every month for the last 3 years.

Last edited:
Has any one tried seroquel for the WD. Will it help? Make it worse??

I don't think it'll make it worse, but I doubt it'd make it better other than perhaps helping to get some sleep.

How are you doing so far?

It's all the way. I'm trying to wait until later to take 75 or 50 mgs I still have it luckily. I got up this morning sick as ever

The bottom line is that what you have left for Methadone is just a trifling mindfuck. If I were you, I would be investing this energy into coming up with a realistic plan before you end up going into withdrawal.

At any rate, I would definitely wait until you're feeling fairly sick as others have stated. I would ultimately take the remaining dose strategically when you need to sleep. I'll echo what others have said; you have been taking large doses for the past couple days so you should be straight for 72 hours.

Do you have dough? Are you able to acquire so-called comfort medications? And weed?

Remember what happened to Pinnochio when he gave into temptation? One thing led to another and he was smoking butts with donkey ears inside a whale's tummy.

Dont take that dose now. Please get back to me regarding what you have available to you. Are you in a city? Desperate times call for desperate measures and as I've already covered, you're on a timeframe. Once you get sick, things will become a lot more difficult.

If you're willing to "put yourself out there", it's my experience that bums exchange Gabapentin (Neurontin) like how the Lakota traded tobacco as currency. Gabapentinoids are helpful to a lot of people who are withdrawing.

Quetiapine (Seroquel) will do "something" but, if you're really sick, you can end up in this zombified state in which your totally sedated but still rattling like fuck on the inside. The only way I feel it will be truly helpful is if combined with other drugs.

Please tell me everything significant about your experience dude. You will live and we will make sure you get to where you need to be. My mailbox is always open :)

P.S. comparing is usually not helpful, but there are guys sitting in solitary confinement coming off 150mg of Methadone with no hope of relief. The 8th circle of Dante's hell!

Last edited:
I have made it 2 days before without much problem but. My last dose of 25 mgs was on Friday morning it Is now Sunday. I have some OTC lope I just took 3 a few hrs ago. I have ibprofin and tylonal pm. Tums lol. And weed but I haven't smoked yet because somtimes it makes me feel bad. But beside RLS and Stomach problems and temperature fluctuation . I'm trying to find somthing but I have no good connects for narcos or anything.

If I take 75 today how bad will it be Tuesday night

I'm not sure what your timezone is so it's hard to say, but my estimates are that if you took 25mg it would help a bit, but not for very long, maybe a few hours. 50mg should make you feel quite a bit better, but wear off in about 12 hours. And the full 75 will probably make you feel reasonably OK for about a day, starting off fairly good and deteriorating slowly until you're back close to where you started a day later.

I would estimate that if you took 75mg now, you will feel at least as bad again no later than a day and a half later. And potentially many hours less if you're sicker than I'm assuming.

Keep in mind though that once again this is all theory based on a system I came up with for tracking my own methadone use. It could be completely wrong, especially since I've never been in the level of withdrawal you are in now since I left heroin and got serious with methadone maintainence.

Similar to what the above poster suggested, the best way might be to take your remaining methadone, divide it by the number of nights you have left, and take it before going to bed on those nights.

The insomnia is a real bitch in withdrawal as we all know. It was horrible enough during the day, but experiencing it while exhausted and unable to sleep was the worst.

Last edited:
Well done.

The longer you can hold out, the more you can split up that remaining 75mg.

I still think the best approach is to wait as long as you can manage, then when you just can't go any longer, split the 75 by how many days you've got left to get through.

That the first of those divided doses preferably in the evening so it can help you sleep, then see how long you can go again before you feel you gotta take more.

If you make it an extra day without taking more, then you can redivide the remaining dose by the remaining days, otherwise you can keep using it to try and get through the night.

I'm not you, and you might have different things you can't tolerate about withdrawal. But the insomnia is what really killed me on top of the regular withdrawal. You obviously don't have to strictly take your divided dose at night, but it's what I'd try to do.

Good luck man. Keep us informed, we're rooting for you! :)

I really want to temper my realism with optimism, but I can't stress enough the seriousness of what is going on here. 5 days is a completely different animal than 2. I would argue that the 48hr mark is the "start" of the withdrawal experience.

You have probably got 72 hours before you need to take anything. Sadly, I think given the difficulty you are experiencing, you probably will take that dose by the end of the day today.

Whether you take it or not, don't rest on your laurels here. You can end up so sick that you are unable to hydrate, let alone be "strategic". It has been a little while since I've thrown myself before the ED staff looking for help in this way. I would advise against it.

I broke down and got some h. I feel like an asshole now like I wasted everybody's time. Its holding me down but I can't seem to get higI wich is probly for the best. I can't belive that I'm back in the same spot I got so far away from. Im happy that I'm able to move around now and I'm grateful I still got the 75.mgs left. But I can't belive how much of a waste I feel. Like a waste of time waste of money waste of life. Hopfuly this will be enuf bs for me to come down slowly of the methadone in time. Im one of those ppl that feels like they can't live a normal life without opiates. But damn this is such a mess. Any way thank you all I think I'll be able to sqweez threw the next day and a half with no problems. But if you wana respond I will definetly read it.

I think I know how you feel when you say it makes you feel like a waste, it's like you've lost all the strength you've gained from staying away from it and now you feel weak and shameful. At least that's how it felt to me.

But you know what?

It's not the end of the world and we all get caught out from time to time as we can't be in control of everything.
Better to be productive instead of laying in bed withering in agony and it's not as if you got the H just to get high as I get the feeling you wouldn't have got it otherwise. As long as getting H doesn't become a regular occurrence; all this will be is a blip you'll soon forget about in no time.

I broke down and got some h. I feel like an asshole now like I wasted everybody's time. Its holding me down but I can't seem to get higI wich is probly for the best. I can't belive that I'm back in the same spot I got so far away from. Im happy that I'm able to move around now and I'm grateful I still got the 75.mgs left. But I can't belive how much of a waste I feel. Like a waste of time waste of money waste of life. Hopfuly this will be enuf bs for me to come down slowly of the methadone in time. Im one of those ppl that feels like they can't live a normal life without opiates. But damn this is such a mess. Any way thank you all I think I'll be able to sqweez threw the next day and a half with no problems. But if you wana respond I will definetly read it.

You haven't wasted anyone's time. Everyone here is here by choice, people offer help because they want to help, and I suspect most people here are well aware of how hard it is.

I'm like you, I don't seem to know how to live without opioids, which is why rather than trying to get off methadone I simply accepted that I'll probably be on it a very long time if I wanna keep my addiction under control.

Try not to beat yourself up too much, I honestly believe in your position I for one would have wound up doing the same thing.

All you can do is accept that you will have setbacks and try to keep making overall progress moving forward. :(

I know that for me opioid addiction has this masterful way of mentally spinning situations to try and cause me to fail and keep using.

Thanks for your help. I'm scared again lol I have maybe 18 hrs to go but I stupidly took the 75mgs 12hrs ago and have and my last hit 12 hrs before that. Maybe it's all in my mind but I worried still

Thanks for your help. I'm scared again lol I have maybe 18 hrs to go but I stupidly took the 75mgs 12hrs ago and have and my last hit 12 hrs before that. Maybe it's all in my mind but I worried still

Hmm, you'll probably be feeling at least a bit unwell, but hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.