• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

METHADONE VS. SUBOXONE....Your experience w/each-Which one do u think is better?

Which maintenance med do you think is the best most effective one?

• Methadone

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Suboxone/Subutex (buprenorphine)

Votes: 50 54.3%

• Total voters
I believe you get on methadone to quit opioids. You get on subs when you wanna get out of the whole opioid scene, because let's face it, going into the methadone clinic everyday does not keep you out of the scene "let's face it, you won't run into people that are 100% sober. More of a general statement than actual happening".

I can’t pick one because it really depends. If I was a pain pateint that is addicted for severe pain life long, I would say methadone.

If not I’d say suboxone. Just mainly it’s the restrictions with the morphine I don’t like. I hate having to dose daily and the starting dose is way too low 30mg. And you have to do iop at most and if not counseling. I don’t mind counseling but I already see an excellent hand picked one I selected myself. Same one for 7 years.

I did start brixadi which is like sublicade. Biggest difference is that you can control the dosing more. Can even do weekly. I started it this weekend ( Friday) and there was a delay in onset but aside from that I love it. I don’t feel like I’m taking an opioid every day and it keeps me from thinking about it.