• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone tolerance

kkgb1035

Bluelighter
So iv been using heroin pretty consistent for the last month and a half.
Iv had a lot of expoerience with opiates in the past and used to use methadone here and ther.

I'm about to quit heroin and will have a total of 280 mgs so I can stop using h and do methadone for a couple weeks.

Will my methadone tolerance (if I still have one I haven't used methadone in over a year)
Go up since my heroin tolerance has gone up.

Will 40 mg a day of methadone for about a week hel me get off the heroin

It all depends on the amount of h but most clinics start at 30mg but you may find you can take an even smaller dose just to get by...it all depends on whether you try to get high or just get by. That sentence sums up opioid maintenance very well btw

So iv been using heroin pretty consistent for the last month and a half.
Iv had a lot of expoerience with opiates in the past and used to use methadone here and ther.

I'm about to quit heroin and will have a total of 280 mgs so I can stop using h and do methadone for a couple weeks.

Will my methadone tolerance (if I still have one I haven't used methadone in over a year)
Go up since my heroin tolerance has gone up.

Will 40 mg a day of methadone for about a week hel me get off the heroin
If it were me I would take small doses like 10mg a day and just be medium sick so that I could jump from much smaller doses :) gl

Thank you for the feedback!

If I took 40 mg in the morning each day for a six days do u think that would get me to a point of not being sick

it all depends on how much heroin you were using, but be careful with methadone, its best to start at half the dose you would expect and work your way up (at least that's how i was inducted to MMT). methadone is a creeper, it takes a long time to take effect so don't be tempted to re-dose immediately or you could yourself into trouble. be safe bro

Hi Man, this is a late reaction, but i thought why not at the first day of this new year 2018 in the NL where i live as methadone is my "specialty" so to say and more people could use some advice about methadone, because its outrageous that more then 6,000 people a year die annually in the US from methadone related issues so when i say "methadone related" it means combo's with benzo's or any other substance acting on the CNS. In this country one OD could be in the papers.

To the OP you will be fine with 40mg a day of methadone buddy, but i advise you for the first two three days to take twice a day 20mg instead of the 40mg in one go once a day well then in 4-5 days you reach steady state meaning at the same dose bloodlevels will be largely the same called the peak and trough level with the peak reached in 2-3 hours and the trough right before a new intake and you will notice that waking up sick is history so dont think 40mg of methadone arent enough maybe even less works if you only have a month and a half heroin tolerance.
Your stash is limited so to answer that question yes it is possible to use methadone for a week straight in order to lose heroin dependency so behind that week day eigth will still be alright leaving you with some insomnia and maybe a mild leftover wd.

A little about myself an hour ago i had the luxury to drop 320mg at the first day of 2018 so you see i have a truly huge tolerance, because its not only ´done i take that wouldn´t work by itself even at the named amount so i add xanax 4-6mg and pregabalin 600mg and some seroquel also 600mg well and another hour and a half from right now i get my desired feeling, but see the numbers of milligrams so needless to say that nobody should even consider copying behaviour like mine.
There is not only the risk of overdosing, but in my case getting 100mg methadone from the clinic i am very used to makes it impossible to have short acting opiates work on me and believe me i tried last time taking no methadone for 2 days and sickness was still minimal i chewed and swallowed 800mg oxycontin it didn´t work at all and since i prefer not to IV in my 30 year addiction history started in jail at age 20 i have one last resort in order to lose my dependency for methadone being to join a free heroin program in my country where i would or could get max 1,000mg´s of diamorphine. Ofcourse i used heroin for half that time mainly and kicking heroin a few times was possible and doable as opposed to methadone that one i cant shake ah yes bupe comes to mind its nonsense that buprenorphine can only cover for about 30mg methadone it can also cover for 60 mg only to get subuxonethey want me to end my benzo scripts first, i dont think so. So far before i get too lengthy i have this tendency for.
Best regards, Freek ps that´s my real name coming from frederick its purely dutch.

It's going to be very difficult to tell you just what you'll require regarding the Methadone. The tricky thing with Methadone is that the onset is so protracted, which can make it more difficult to accurately titrate your dosage. It's my opinion and that of others that one of the most dangerous aspects of Methadone usage is this delayed onset. People get inpatient and end up using too much Methadone before their original dose has peaked.

At any rate, 40mg Methadone is enough to make even a serious addict straight. I'm not saying everything will be peachy, but with 40mg of Methadone, you should at least be functional. Again, it's difficult as we don't really know the potency of the Heroin that you've been using. Just make sure to be patient with the Methadone. It can take me up to 5 hours to really feel the full effect of Methadone.