• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone to Suboxone

PudgeIA

Greenlighter
Hey there!

I have just started MMT 13 day ago and am already fed up with the side effects (too many to list on here). I talked to my nurse about switching to Suboxone to which she replied by saying I am on to high of a dose to switch. I didn't think 60mg was that high? And I've only been taking it for about 2 weeks?

Anyway, I have talked to the Suboxone clinic in my hometown and haven't heard anything back yet but hoping they take me. So my plan was to stop taking methadone this Friday and start on Suboxone sometime next week. In the time that I'm off methadone and before I go on subs I plan to take a short-acting opioid like hydro (my doc) to keep my w/d's at bay and to enjoy them for a few more days before going back on a maintenance drug. And yes I know I shouldn't have gone to methadone being that I only have a Vicodin addiction but I have been addicted to opiates for more than 6 years just am trying to get clean before I end up on heavier opiates. I have taken subs before a few times and it has worked without the side effects I have right now.

So my questions are,
how bad will my w/d's be from the methadone if I've only been on it two weeks?
do you think I will be able to get high again if I haven't taken methadone for a couple days?
Out of curiosity, would I be able to feel the effects of Vicodin at the dose of methadone I'm at now? (60mg)
and do you think my nurse was right about me being at to high of a dose to switch to subs or was she blowing smoke up my ass to keep me on MMT?

im sorry for the long post but want to be detailed in what I'm trying to get at with my questions and want to make the right decisions for me to eventually get clean. Thanks for reading and your advise in advance! :)