• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone to suboxone with kratom supplement

Ozzysstash

Greenlighter
Just as the title would imply, I'm am currently in methadone maintenance therapy, on 55 mg/daily. I want to switch to suboxone so that I don't have to deal with the crapfest that a methadone clinic really is. I know that one should get down to 30 mg/daily of methadone before they make the switch, but if I just go ahead and do it, and the suboxone i get just isnt enough, can i add kratom to my daily routine to help fill the gaps? Maybe take kratom early in the morning a while before my suboxone, or maybe take the suboxone early and the kratom before bed. Does anyone have any experience at all when it comes to this?

Just as the title would imply, I'm am currently in methadone maintenance therapy, on 55 mg/daily. I want to switch to suboxone so that I don't have to deal with the crapfest that a methadone clinic really is. I know that one should get down to 30 mg/daily of methadone before they make the switch, but if I just go ahead and do it, and the suboxone i get just isnt enough, can i add kratom to my daily routine to help fill the gaps? Maybe take kratom early in the morning a while before my suboxone, or maybe take the suboxone early and the kratom before bed. Does anyone have any experience at all when it comes to this?

Try 4 grams morning and 5 grams @ night
Add another spoon if necessary

How long after stopping methadone did you wait until starting suboxone? I am wanting to switch myself I'm on 65ml/daily of methadone,My doctor has the opinion that I will have to wait a week from stopping methadone until I can start suboxone. I think if I wait a week I will end up just giving it for good.

How long did you wait? and if others have had experience with changing offer I would appreciate there opinion also.

Converting to suboxone and getting off methadone is a true bitch. You have to make sure your down to atleast 20mg of methadone before switching to subs, and make sure you wait a minimum of 48hours, and even that at times will cause PWD as it did in my case, I had to be observed by my suboxone doctor in a bed that he had in a private office. It is NOT a walk in the park. On top of that, for three weeks I felt like I was going thru heroin withdrawl even at 24mgs of suboxone daily. Even three strips couldn't hold me over after getting off of methadone ...this conversion takes lots of willpower and a strong desire to get off opiates.

Sorry for the bump, but as I said, I was down to 20mg a day of methadone, stopped for 48 hours and then took suboxone in my doctors office and went through precipitated withdrawl VERY BADLY, and like I said, after i got through the Initial PWD, for three weeks even taking 24mg of sub a day, for three weeks it was comparable to a heroin withdrawl. Shit ain't fun at all

Thank you very much opiatekrzy this has helped me greatly decide what I will do from now on. That is just slowly decrease dose of methadone and just quit, After 2 weeks cold turkey almost all my W/D symptom's were gone when I was forced into it in Feb this year :)
Any advice on decreasing methadone like time frame and amounts to drop each time?

When I got kicked out of my methadone clinic a few years back, they put me on a "rapid detox", in which they would decrease me 10mg every three days, from 130 I went down to 20, and honestly I didn't notice it one bit, it was very casual and comfortable. .this is the easy part! Do whatever works for you depending how desperate you are to convert over? What MG are you on now????

OpiateKrzy has some really good advice. I couldn't agree more. Take as much time as you have at your disposal to complete a maintenance taper. If you're going to the trouble of actually completing a taper and not just saying "fuck it" to make your return to illicit Opiate use, then it's a safe assumption that you've made some progress while in treatment. That progress is easily sacrificed not even to get high, just to control your unbearable withdrawal symptoms.

You really need to try to minimize the potential for disaster when you're an addict. Don't go to bars, don't stop to talk to junkies on the street "just cause" and don't withdraw your maintenance drugs too briskly.

^amen, I will second that! Once you get away from all the daily negativity, and non stop dope fiend mentality, people always trying to get at u, etc..you WilI have a much better opportunity to turn your life around for the better
Just by me going to the clinic and dealing with all the grimey dirtbags on a daily basis turned me into more of an addict because all these people would do, is grab a beer or two or 3!, and guzzle it , get there dose, drink more, popping Xanax and more benzos, selling it in my face eeveryday, I couldn't handle the tempation and feel victim to the bullshit.

Get out of that clinic as fast as you can, much better opportunities in life are right in your reach!!

I'm on 65mls, I started methadone about 9 months ago, 18 months prior to that I was using with a very readily supply then the 5 years before that I was on subooine treatment maybe half the time. I know deep down I will start using again if I'm on nothing so I will change back to suboxone which I have found really helpful as it takes away my cravings for the drug, With methadone I still crave it.

I'm from Australia and I do not know what the methadone clinics are like over there, but here all I do is go into the local chemist which has the license to dose all the methadonians. I am on 65mls now, Next time I see my doctor I will get him to start tapering my dose down until i'm on 20 mls, Wait a good 48-72 hours and after that time has elapsed I will start suboxone again,
I have found in the past that suboxone also helps with the cravings for heroin, Heaps more then methadone on its own.

Spending a few days minimum on the lowest dose you can achieve will help to rid your body of accumulated methadone that likes to lye dormant till cessation begins. I have known many people that jumped off from the 5-15mg mark , felt fine for a couple days then began real withdrawal. Suboxone is especially good at kicking out residual methadone from your system and making the transition that much harder. If you can budget a few extra days it might help manifold.

That's scary. I was thinking about switching to subs from methadone. Not now tho

My clinic doesn't make a person go from 30 my of 'done right to subs one they use 3 days of monitored subutex (spell?)