• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone to suboxone, how much suboxone to take?

BlueHues (or anyone that is willing)-

If you don't want to bother with me anymore, I understad, and thank you for all the help you have given me.

Question1:
I took 20mg dones yesterday morning at 8am, when should I start on the norcs? It has been over 30 hours since I took the last dones yesterday.

Technically, it has been 72 hours since I took the last 120mg blast of dones. Then for the day after and yesterday, I took 20mg dones in the mornings.

Question 2:
And any idea how many norcs I should be taking/needing a day to stave off withdrawals from the dones? I plan on being on norcs for 7-10 days, then jumping to the subs.

Thank you so much for everything thus far! And again, if I don't hear back, no worries and thanks for all.

Question1:
I took 20mg dones yesterday morning at 8am, when should I start on the norcs? It has been over 30 hours since I took the last dones yesterday.

I always wait until I am so sick that I can't handle it anymore, though if you want to avoid that, just wait until you start to feel the sickness come on.

Question 2:
And any idea how many norcs I should be taking/needing a day to stave off withdrawals from the dones? I plan on being on norcs for 7-10 days, then jumping to the subs.

Methadone is extremely powerful - 20 mg is probably equinalgesic to around 150 mg of morphine, which means you would need a pretty high dose of hydrocodone. But you know how it is - drugs do weird things. Start with 30 mg and see what happens, would be my advice.

After you are back on the Norcos for 4 days or so make sure that you wait until you are really sick before you start on the Suboxone. First off, it will make it so you don't experience precipitated withdrawals, and second off it will work a lot better the sicker you are. I wait a minimum of 24 hours before taking Suboxone, but when I'm heavy into heroin it doesn't provide full relief, but when I wait closer to 48 hours and am really sick, 4mg provides me with full relief.

Not sure if I should have created a new post, but this is where I am at.

This is a complete 4.5 days after taking dones. I have been taking norcos to stave off the withdrawals.

My question is this:

If I stop taking norcos tonight, could I hop on the suboxone tomorrow after 12-24 hours? This will have been an entire 5 full days off the dones. Or do I STILL need to wait longer as the dones are still in my system? Could I essentially wake up tomorrow, with full withdrawls set in, and take the suboxone sometime tomorrow when I can't take the withdrawals anymore? Or is this too soon?

Thank you so much everyone. I feel like I am so close to getting on the subs, I just want to do this right and not get any precipitated withdrawals.

Thank you thank you!

Not sure if I should have created a new post, but this is where I am at.

This is a complete 4.5 days after taking dones. I have been taking norcos to stave off the withdrawals.

My question is this:

If I stop taking norcos tonight, could I hop on the suboxone tomorrow after 12-24 hours? This will have been an entire 5 full days off the dones. Or do I STILL need to wait longer as the dones are still in my system? Could I essentially wake up tomorrow, with full withdrawls set in, and take the suboxone sometime tomorrow when I can't take the withdrawals anymore? Or is this too soon?

Thank you so much everyone. I feel like I am so close to getting on the subs, I just want to do this right and not get any precipitated withdrawals.

Thank you thank you!

After 5 days, you'll probably be okay. Wait until you are in moderate withdrawal after your last dose of norcos.

They say to wait at least 3 days with methadone, so it should work....Personally, I'd do 2 more days on the Norco just to make sure, but that's just me, it could be completely unnecessary