• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone to kick H?

Sped101

Greenlighter
Hey all. First time poster. Just want to start off by saying thank you for having this forum. It's a blessing to be able to read other people's stories and know that I'm not alone.

My situation: been snorting 3 bags of "okay" quality dope for ~8 months. Realized that I was hooked and needed out ASAP. I am unable to take a week off to go through WD's due to the nature of my job. I got some 10mg methadone pills. I took two yesterday and two today. No symptoms of WD(been 30 hours since last dope).

What do I do now? Get off everything right now or keep taking methadone for a few more days? Or did I mess up bad and will now go through both WD of dope and meth?

Please help.

-M

Hey all. First time poster. Just want to start off by saying thank you for having this forum. It's a blessing to be able to read other people's stories and know that I'm not alone.

My situation: been snorting 3 bags of "okay" quality dope for ~8 months. Realized that I was hooked and needed out ASAP. I am unable to take a week off to go through WD's due to the nature of my job. I got some 10mg methadone pills. I took two yesterday and two today. No symptoms of WD(been 30 hours since last dope).

What do I do now? Get off everything right now or keep taking methadone for a few more days? Or did I mess up bad and will now go through both WD of dope and meth?

Please help.

-M

If you want to get off everything right away you're probably going to need some time off work. Otherwise do a taper off the methadone. Keep taking it and slowly reduce doses until you are at practically nothing. Then stop. Over 2 months you probably wouldn't feel much W/Ds. PS if you quit cold turkey addicted to high dose methadone withdrawals will be WORSE than they would be now. So keep that in mind if you are gonna stay on methadone for a while.

So from reading your post it seems you have the grand total of 3 choices. 1. you can continue to use. 2. you can kick the monkey and go through the WD's. 3. you can use methadone, suboxone to help you kick the addiction. Good Luck.

Hey PL. Thanks for the reply. Does this sound like something reasonable to do: stay on 20mg/day for a week of methadone and then just stop? The goal is to get the H out of my system but obviously not be dependent on MTD.

The withdrawal from each drug will more or less overlap. You don't have to worry about the theoretical, existential hell of withdrawing from multiple Opioids simultaneously and exclusively. In general, an Opioid habit is an Opioid habit. If you add or subtract Opioid agonists, you influence the nature of that dependence. If you use Methadone to medicate your withdrawal and you are experiencing zero withdrawal, then you have probably not actually made any progress through your withdrawal.

I'm not saying that it's required, but in general, there is going to be a certain level of discomfort involved in reducing your Opioid usage. My advice, if you have have access to Methadone pills is to let us help you design a taper based upon the use of these pills.

Methadone is stronger than most people think it is. Really, people tend to look at 10mg Methadone as "hey, I can handle 10mg Oxycodone" when, in reality, Methadone is quite a bit more potent. People are surprised when 30mg totally mitigates their withdrawal. It's powerful shit.

KR, I'd love a taper that you can help me with. I'm here for help and will listen to what you guys and gals suggest. I'm all ears.

With gusto, check your inbox in like 15 minutes brother. We will get started.

With gusto my friend. Given that you are a greenlighter and have limited abilities for messaging, I just have a few brief questions for you.

Is it possible for you to acquire medications like:

Gabapentin (Neurontin)

Pregabalin (Lyrica)

Benzodiazepines

Cannabis

Clonidine (Catapres)

Let me know what is going on with your prescriber and we will go from there. The name of the game is to use non-Opioid medications to help mitigate your symptoms and then enjoy your reduced tolerance.