• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone to heroin transition

PacPiece

Greenlighter
Hello

Looking for advice...

I have been on MMT for 2 months at 50ml and I'm counting down the minutes until I'm off this horrible green poison. It simply isn't working for me.
The side effects are becoming unbearable, I've never been so depressed and anxious, I have no motivation to do anything, I long for the warm blanket that heroin provides.

I've forcefully been living quite a healthy lifestyle the last 2 months, my plan is to keep up the gym everyday and start tapering 5ml a week on Thursday until it gets too unbearable then I'll get back on the heroin.

I'm looking for peoples advice, opinions and personal experiences who have switched from methadone to heroin, either by choice or not.
Is there a specific way to do this to be as comfortable as possible?

How did you cope with the switch? Was it a smoother transition?

I've read such mixed experiences so I'm slightly apprehensive about what's to come!

Methadone isn't working for me, I can't wait to be rid of it.

Thank you, Piece

Can this be moved to 'Other drugs' please? I couldn't post there on my tablet for some reason.

Thank you

I did this sucessfully. Got some money and bough heroin that would last me 1 or 1,5 months. Did it for this period of time then just manned up and went through those 3-4 days of hell. But I relapsed, wasn't ready. I'm thinking of doing the same thing again, I heard that crystal meth numbs heroin withdrawal completely so I will just use meth for 5 days and then will use a ton of benzos and alcohol to crash. I hated methadone because:

1: It is a medication and I am a patient and even after one year of clean tests I couldn't get takehomes for a week - had to go there 2x a week.
2: No energy to do anything just sit and browse the internet - I feel like I'm just wasting my life to this shit
3: No emotions, I had alot of hobbies now I'm not interested in anything just feel like a zombie (50mg dose)
4: Bad memory, hard to learn new stuff - this affects my life as I can't work physical jobs and everyone knows what that means.
5: Well - everyone who used methadone guessed it - SWEATING - constant sweating like crazy even though you're working not as hard as someone else.
6: Constant constipation.

It's just liquid handcuffs.

Last edited:
Hey gamer

This is also my plan!

What dose of methadone were you on when you switched to heroin? Did you need a lot of heroin?

I fully agree with all your points about methadone. It's been terrible ime

Hey gamer

This is also my plan!

What dose of methadone were you on when you switched to heroin? Did you need a lot of heroin?

I fully agree with all your points about methadone. It's been terrible ime

60-80 I can't remember. I used one bag in the morning one before going to sleep

Must of been some good gear!! I'm mostly hearing that your likely to need a lot of heroin to stay well as a result of the methadone tolerance. Hopefully not!!

Not at the moment unfortunately. Can you shed any light on my question at all moomoo0607?