European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Methadone to get high

JayRiddley2

Bluelighter
I am currently prescribed 90ml of meth a day and pick up 7 bottles every Tuesday.

I am. Looking for a way to get high from it.

Generally I take 25ml a day so 175 a week... Leaving a good 495ml spare.

I tried taking that last week but didn't really feel anything. I felt more from the 20mgmof lorezepam than any opiate feelings.

Is it possible to get high as I am trying or not?

I am currently prescribed 90ml of meth a day and pick up 7 bottles every Tuesday.

I am. Looking for a way to get high from it.

Generally I take 25ml a day so 175 a week... Leaving a good 495ml spare.

I tried taking that last week but didn't really feel anything. I felt more from the 20mgmof lorezepam than any opiate feelings.

Is it possible to get high as I am trying or not?

How come you're on weekly pickups at that dose?

Also, how long have you been prescribed it and are you reducing or on maintenance?

Are you doing gear on top?

I used to be able to get a buzz by missing a few days then taking double my usual dose, but it's not advisable really.

This just how it works in Spain. You get weekly pickups but can ask for upto 3 weeks if you need them. I. E go on holiday.

I have tried using on top but the gear over here is shit. I used a gram yesterday and felt nothing. The white is banging. Problem is, it's hard for me to get access to the gear as I have ppl keeping their eye on me trying to make sure I don't use.

I don't fancy missing a few days since I'd likely be in withdrawalafter 24h

I don't get why I don't get a buzz from nearly 500ml + benzos.

Hopefully someone has some good advice for me rather than doing what I am doing. Or next I will try doing 2 weeks dose in one which would be almost litre of meth. Which seems like a terrible idea.

I have been on it nearly 3months and not planning to reduce.
I was originally on 70 but after getting caught using and using all my doses the doc increased me to 90.

The problem with methadone is, it's slow-acting, at least when administered orally.

Have you tried, *cough* using the rear entrance ?

This just how it works in Spain. You get weekly pickups but can ask for upto 3 weeks if you need them. I. E go on holiday.

I have tried using on top but the gear over here is shit. I used a gram yesterday and felt nothing. The white is banging. Problem is, it's hard for me to get access to the gear as I have ppl keeping their eye on me trying to make sure I don't use.

I don't fancy missing a few days since I'd likely be in withdrawalafter 24h

I don't get why I don't get a buzz from nearly 500ml + benzos.

Hopefully someone has some good advice for me rather than doing what I am doing. Or next I will try doing 2 weeks dose in one which would be almost litre of meth. Which seems like a terrible idea.

Ah, you're in Spain - no way we'd be given 630ml meth in one go in the UK nowadays. Sometimes less is more with meth - take too much and it can just feel weird. Try missing a day then just take 50ml and see how that goes. You won't go into withdrawal after 24 hours - you may get some cravings but ignore them and you'll be fine.

At the risk of stating the obvious, don't take huge quantities of methadone - especially with benzos on top.

i absolutely love methadone, how it last for so long and its nice and mellow.
it even tastes good imo, but you're on a huuuuuge amount - 20mgs got me nodding hard

It's possible but you'd have to take a lot more, probably twice as much, however, you are on a high dosage already.
It's not advisable as this will sort of mess up your tolerance and make your routine more difficult to accept.
My dosage of methadone used to be 80 mg per day. After starting low and stopping at a ridiculous high dosage it finally settled at 80 mg for years.

I had personally gone through a similar experience but I passed out and by accident my head was left in a position that interrupted the circulation of blood to my brain and that had an impact on my right ear. I pretty much slept all day, and it wasn't fun especially when I got up and felt something was wrong with my ears.

I can relate to you as the dose as my dose blocked the action of most of the opiates. So unless you take an absurd amount of opiates it doesn't work. Your dose is even higher than mine, and once you get what you want unfortunately you'll want to do that pretty often. And that's when it gets a bit dangerous.

I guess where there is good meth available, there's little incentive to supply really good gear, except at a premium price to your best customers and occasional users; jobbing junkies probably are just using to relieve a temporary meth shortage, so are desperate enough to put up with almost anything.

Also, it sucks about being watched. Could you go to another town to score? If it's somewhere where the local doctor is a bit stingy with the green, then there might even be better gear available!

After having been on 60 mg of methadone each day for a while the only way I can get a buzz from it is to decrease my dosage to 20 mg one, two or three days - how ever long I can manage without suffering from too severe mental and psychological withdrawal symptoms - and then on the following days after that my normal dosage of 60 mg will have a nice effect. This obviously leaves me with surplus too, but if I take my normal dosage of 60 mg each day and then attempt a day with - lets us say 120 mg - the effect will be very minimal compared to the other method.

But it is not a good idea to decrease and increase your dosage like that often. I suffer from psychological side effects like feelings of depression and anxiety if the level of methadone that is active in my body changes too much. Stability is paramount for my well being. Most days I need the entire 60 mg to feel normal and have energy, but somedays I am just more happy than usual for varying reasons and on these days I feel fine on 20 mg, thus I see no need to take more and save the rest of the dose.

I prefer to have a stable mood and be somewhat happy every day instead of feeling like crap for 6 days and then be absolutely euphoric for 1 day. Recently I got 200 10 mg instant release oxycodones and 200 80 mg OxyContins. Even without breaking the extended release on the OxyContins this resulted in a too big difference in the amount of active opioids in my body and it took me almost two weeks on my normal dose of 60 methadone before I got back to my normal self.

I learnt a lot from this experience even though it was in the hard way. In my current psychological state I cannot handle the big fluctuations taking very huge amounts of oxycodone results in. Right after I take the dose I feel euphoria and very energetic and I get a lot of work done, by after 4-5 hours I crash and I am left in a state where I just want to curl up in a fetal positions under my bed and hide from the world. I think I took around 400 mg in average each day and after 8 hours of sleep I woke up in the worst possible mood and with absolutely no energy and mild physical withdrawal symptoms (like increased restlessness and sometime restless leg syndrome).

The stability methadone provides me have been salvation and in the first time for close to a decade my mental state is stable and the same each day making life much easier. This alone have given me the strength to handle most of my cravings and compared to before it is very rare that I slip and take something that isn't planned.

Thanks for all the advice.
This is my first time on a methadone maintenance programme. I've tried everything to stop even getting clean and taking naltrexone 50mg pills which completely blocks any opiate activity.

I used to be on an IV morphine maintenance programme when I used to live back home in the UK. That was really expensive but worked and kept me mostly off the streets for a good 18 months.

Now I am living in Spain, I managed to keep away from h for about 2years but ended up back on it when I found the place to get top quality coke and saw they had h and rock.

Anyway, I wish I had access to an IV maintenance programme over here as I am positive it would stop me from slipping up once or twice every 2 months.

I just got my weekly pickup today and took 2bottles and a bit of another (200mg in total) and I'm feeling just as I wanted too without even taking any benzos.
I've managed to level my daily dose to 50mg which keeps me feeling normal and stable.
So it seems, I can do this each week.

I guess I am sort of missing the point of a maintenance programme but in my opinion what I am doing is a lot better than using off the street.
The only problem I have is the quality of coke and rock out is fantastic compared to the UK. I could hit a £20 stone in two back home. Out here I can get a gram of rock for €65 or a gram of coke for €50 (and cook it myself). I'd get double the quantity for €20 VS the UK and I can get 5 hits from it.
This is the reason I keep ending up back on gear.

The only time i got high of methadone was when i combined it with the supplement pregnenolone, also when i bought it i only took a top of the bottle once a day in the morning, so a 100ml bottle lasts like 2 weeks or so, dunno my gf took it too about a week.

With pregnenolone it made me sleep in some kind of tasty colorfull, nice and sleepy world lol, im not a big fan of the high, i combined it with stims too, im a stim addict, im not a fan of drugs that make you sleepy or induce a high thats not external trough social interaction, music, partying etc.

Altough i loved codeine augmentation with stims when it worked, for some reason opiates only work after i go trough withdrawal with them, atleast codeine worked then, and as for methadone a trace ammount induced all sorts of effects witch can be therapeutic, only when i washed out a botttle after going trough withdrawal.

The thing with opiates i dont find them selective, they make you like anything no matter what you do which is a good augmentation for drugs that add reward to external factors like stims.

How i got over withdrawal?

Loperamide with my clonazepam script for like 2 weeks, otherwise it induced insecurity and stuff when i took stims, i mean during the temp slight withdrawal, duration of use was about 2 weeks.

Getting over Methadone can be really difficult. The fact you are coming off of something you used to be on 24 hours a day for years and years.
That's probably the most difficult thing I believe I have ever done. I know I still have a lot to live for, but if one day I choose to relapse I am sure as hell I would never get near methadone again.

It's almost impossible to be someone else from one month to another. When someone are hooked on heroin or any hard core opiate, I see intervals where you connect with reality before dosing again. That doesn't have with methadone - so, unless you need to go to jail you'll numbed all the time. I remember my withdrawals took forever to be over but it only began for real almost three days after I had stopped using! That's why it's so tricky, I suppose.