• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone taper question

delaying the inevitable. benzo's and clonodine w/ seroquel and you'll be OK. the benzo helps during the day/sleep at night along w/ seroquel. clonodine helps the stomach through it all. methadone, as I said, is a long kick, and you can keep dragging but it doesnt help much. you are took off at a relatively low dosage, but thats your call. if you have work and things to do, then go w/ the methadone. but if you have the week off and can just struggle and get by, go w/ what I said. those benzos w/ make you feel 10x's better.
Not delaying the inevitable at all. I went from 105 mls to 10 mls in a month. Way too fast in hindsight and that is why the doctor suggested I do what he prescribed. I took a month off of work so i should be good. When I am at 1 mg for 10 days Id imagine that the jump off shouldn't be that bad. Plus the fact that he is already willing to give me stuff to mitigate withdrawals. Clonadine for stomach? Clonodine is a blood pressure medication. Calms the anxiety and high blood pressure from detox.

UK substitution therapy almost exclusively uses oral solutions, usually 'Physeptone' and similar 'green' goo products with a concentration of 1mg/1ml.

Stronger syrups are occasionally prescribed however - 'Methadose' is a an oral concentrate as a blue goo (10mg/1ml) or brown goo (20mg/1ml), both of which can be diluted back down with it's sister product - 'Methadose Dilutent' (not sure of the ingredients - probably Rx only expensive water :\ )
In Canada Methadose is a cherry flavored syrup. Each liquid concentrate contains 10 mg of methadone hydrochloride per mL.

God know's what 'flavour' our 'methadose' is - the standard green preps just taste like sickly sweet 'medicine' - which probably isn't the best approach considering that children are at very high risk if they live with a methadone patient / user. Actually giving any of this shit even a hint of a 'fruit' flavour really doesn't sound like the manufacturers even attempt to mitigate these types of dangers...

Anyway - apologies for going off topic. That's UK & Canadian 'Methadose' sorted at least......

So, OP is jumping off at 1mg of Methadone? Am I understanding this correctly?

So, OP is jumping off at 1mg of Methadone? Am I understanding this correctly?
I will be in a few weeks . Ill be on 1ml for 10 days and then that is it. After that ill see how i feel and take the necessary medications to mitigate any likely withdrawal.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee that you won't experience withdrawal, but I'd say you're in the best situation that you could possibly be in.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee that you won't experience withdrawal, but I'd say you're in the best situation that you could possibly be in.
I am sure hoping so. it will be a long and arduous process but Im up for it! Enough of my life has been wasted die to my poor choices:(