• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone take homes - fun things to do?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I just got 6 days of methadone take homes, any ideas on some fun stuff to do?

i was thinking of taking 2x my dose then just sucking it up the next day, or maybe even 3x but then I’d have to go 48 hours no dosing.

I’m definitely gonna try and shoot a bit, with a wheel filter of course.

Any other thoughts?

@OpiateKiller don't shoot it. There's no rush and it destroys your veins well badly
And it's not even stronger than just drinking it.

Please be fuckin careful if you plan on 3x your dose. A really good mate of mine died from taking 'an extra swig' from his bottle. He was on diazepam too but still, methadone is evil if abused. RIP.

@OpiateKiller don't shoot it. There's no rush and it destroys your veins well badly
And it's not even stronger than just drinking it.

Please be fuckin careful if you plan on 3x your dose. A really good mate of mine died from taking 'an extra swig' from his bottle. He was on diazepam too but still, methadone is evil if abused. RIP.

I know you’re not supposed to shoot it and it’s dangerous but I’m gonna try it at least one time, but I will be careful thank you

Also almost had a buddy die from a little too much methadone one night, the shit is sneaky... He might have also taken more without us knowing but yea the cops unfortunately (fortunately) had to be called.

-GC

Please do NOT take 3x your dose... even 2x your dose is dangerous. Methadone can OD the fuck out of you. 3x your dose is likely to kill you. No joke. 2x your dose is likely to make you sick at the least. Just take your doses, you'll have the most fun that way.

Honestly when I would double my dose and take the take home on top I didn't really get all that much out of it. It's a waste and your just gonna end up putting yourself into withdrawal. Just take them the way your supposed to, we dont wanna see anything bad happen to you man.

Didn't you literally make a thread about how you were going to taper off methadone like 2 days ago? Come on dude... The fun thing to do would be to get rid of your liquid handcuffs I should think.

Yes and I still have full intentions to get off methadone, I just figured the first few days it wouldn't hurt to have fun and attempt to get high before I start the misery of tapering off

Yes and I still have full intentions to get off methadone, I just figured the first few days it wouldn't hurt to have fun and attempt to get high before I start the misery of tapering off

I understand the desire to have a last hurrah, but you're stealing from the future for today. It actually will hurt and make the WD worse than it needs to be. I wish you the best of luck, but I think the consensus has been quite clear that it's not a very good idea.

Last edited:
Please do NOT take 3x your dose... even 2x your dose is dangerous. Methadone can OD the fuck out of you. 3x your dose is likely to kill you. No joke.
Please heed these warnings @OpiateKiller

If you want a 'last hurah' or to get high there's plenty of other things. Even a cold water extraction on some otc codeine or dihydrocodeine? All you need is about £5 worth of pills and a coffee filter. You could miss a dose of methadone and do the opiates 1 day then you'd actually have extra methadone to use AS ITS INTENDED to get clean.

It's my 2 cents but I don't think anyone should try and get 'high' on methadone ☠️☠️☠️

Update I shot 6 ml or 60 mg of methadone and felt nothing, so yes I will be staying away from the needle on this one lol. Thanks all for the concerns I am alive and well

You will give up on injection once you realize how many injections it would take to get a usable amount into your veins.

If you're looking for something different you could rectally administer your take homes. This leads to a faster onset without a terrible impact on the drug's duration.

You could crush up some Hydroxyzine (Atarax) and mix it with your solution before administration. This should give you a slightly more interesting experience.

You will give up on injection once you realize how many injections it would take to get a usable amount into your veins.

If you're looking for something different you could rectally administer your take homes. This leads to a faster onset without a terrible impact on the drug's duration.

You could crush up some Hydroxyzine (Atarax) and mix it with your solution before administration. This should give you a slightly more interesting experience.

interesting, you think it's worth a shot? I don't have any Hydroxyzine atm but I would try rectal admin for the hell of it

interesting, you think it's worth a shot? I don't have any Hydroxyzine atm but I would try rectal admin for the hell of it
Methadone is extremely effective orally. Given how constipating methadone is, you're likely to lose quite a bit if you try rectal as it might well get absorbed by faeces, unless you give yourself a good thorough enema beforehand.

I've taken a double dose of my methadone myself in the past. All it did was make me tired yet kinda restless, itchy and warm and I sweated like a bastard, seriously, sweat beaded on my forehead and face just from standing about and walking. Got insomnia too which was frustrating given the fatigue I was feeling. In short, it wasn't worth it and was a waste of the methadone. The next 2 days after a double dose, my usual dose didn't hold me as long. Nothing major but I definitely felt a bit off.

Really you shouldn't consider using your takehomes to get high. If you're still having cravings, tell your drugworker and get your dose upped. The "best" way to use it to get high is to stash your dose and use gear that day instead. Not having methadone in your system that day will make the rush and high of the heroin better and now you've extra methadone for a rainy day. It's poor HR advice, but if you're not totally ready to stop getting high, that's OK, it can take a long time to get there. Using heroin 2 times a week and methadone 5 days is better than using heroin everyday of the week, but associating methadone treatment with getting high can really defeat the purpose of the treatment

Honestly, I think doubling your dose is a waste.

I've taken my takeaways just about anyway you can think of, apart from IVing, because IVing methadone grosses me out. I tried it once because it was the only option other than staying sick, wasn't impressed.

Anyway, in my experience (and obviously it differs from person to person). Doubling your dose isn't nearly as enjoyable as just taking your regular dose on two occasions. It's just not that much better.

What I do is take a little out of each dose to make an extra dose so I can take them closer together.

As for risk. If your regular dose is highly sedating, I'd be very cautious. Perhaps don't try doubling your dose until you've tried taking a bit more than normal.

You'll hopefully know your tolerance better than we do, just take care.

Methadone is extremely effective orally. Given how constipating methadone is, you're likely to lose quite a bit if you try rectal as it might well get absorbed by faeces, unless you give yourself a good thorough enema beforehand.

I've taken a double dose of my methadone myself in the past. All it did was make me tired yet kinda restless, itchy and warm and I sweated like a bastard, seriously, sweat beaded on my forehead and face just from standing about and walking. Got insomnia too which was frustrating given the fatigue I was feeling. In short, it wasn't worth it and was a waste of the methadone. The next 2 days after a double dose, my usual dose didn't hold me as long. Nothing major but I definitely felt a bit off.

Really you shouldn't consider using your takehomes to get high. If you're still having cravings, tell your drugworker and get your dose upped. The "best" way to use it to get high is to stash your dose and use gear that day instead. Not having methadone in your system that day will make the rush and high of the heroin better and now you've extra methadone for a rainy day. It's poor HR advice, but if you're not totally ready to stop getting high, that's OK, it can take a long time to get there. Using heroin 2 times a week and methadone 5 days is better than using heroin everyday of the week, but associating methadone treatment with getting high can really defeat the purpose of the treatment

Honestly this maybe some of the most blunt, honest and quite frankly best advice I've ever been given on bluelight. Thanks brother +1 for the realness. Appreciate your experiences and you sharing them with me. G bless man

You could substitute another antihistamine like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) for a pretty similar effect.

I agree with the majority of other BL'ers here in this thread. The abuse of take-home medication is pretty much characterized by disappointment. I've been there. I feel like euphoria is absent whereas somnolence and stuff is increased.

I mention the rectal method under the assumption that the OP has already decided to use more-than-prescribed doses. This ROA leads to a quicker onset.

In the end, I think you won't be impressed. The truth is that abusing take-homes leads to instability, which could end in a cavalcade of bad decisions. F you have to try it and get it out of your system, you can make that decision for yourself.

Ive done the double methadone thing before. It was fun, id be scared to triple it, but double it was like a strong opiate buzz all day.

I understand all the opinions swaying to dont do it or its a waste and I agree mostly. That day without methadone for every carry yoi take over sucks. Youre viable to start abusing other opiates too or something else, since youre already abusing drugs anyway. My experience.

Methadone overdoses are real and very dangerous. Need to be narcaned multiple times over many hours because the narcan doesnt last out timely against methadone. It happened to me once when I took 30mg without an opiate tolerance..and minus the narcan but thats another story. Fucked up badly. Felt so sick.