• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methadone syrup from clinics in Australia

much sensible good advice above re methadone as a recreational drug - a very unwise choice , imho ....

It is a very dangerous drug in that it very easy to O.D with ; and is a major cause of accidental deaths in the USA where Physeptone tablets are often prescribed as a cheap analgesic .
Methadone has an extremely long period of action - something like a 36 hour half-life . Therefore daily dosing [ as prescribed ] is accidentally causing some incidents of O.D .
Furthermore , it is slow to take effect , so beware of re-dosing ....

Imo , there are far better choices than methadone for recreational purposes , e.g oxy , etc ,

Nevertheless , methadone is a superb treatment for opiate addiction and I for one have been very grateful to have had it prescribed - probably saved my life .

Take much care with methadone . Be informed , and be safe . Luck .....

[ I live in rural Queensland , and the local pharmacies do not dispense syrup methadone , unless perhaps in the larger towns . In my town it is Physeptone tablets , prescribed for pain management , after encountering problems because of long term morphine medication . I began with 5 x 10mg tablets daily , but my life became that of a vegetable , sleeping all day . I have since reduced dosage down to 20 mg daily , which seems to be a good compromise between analgesia and intoxication . .... btw , I have met a guy who is prescribed 15 x 10 mg tablets daily , which he claims is the highest dose prescribed in Qld for pain management - such dose would kill me several times !!! ] .

Last edited:
So when you say The highest amount some some one is on is 30 mg that would mean 150 mil right?????

Nope, it's the other way around. 30mg would be 6ml liquid undiluted. 30ml undiluted liquid would be 150mg. That's how the conversion goes.

dilution also can be made a requirement of the local state authority, i know the ACT opioid treatment clinic tends to recommend that any methadone takeaway is diluted into 100ml total volume with saline to reduce the potential for OMT overdoses by children. that ACA video makes me a little angry as per usual they do trot out some experts but only right at the end and use small grabs. that politicians call of i cant get an MRI but they can find money for a OMT clinic made me extremely mad!!

I'm not even going to watch the ACA piece, it's trash media to stir up housewives and keep people distracted from the real issues.

That said, I've heard some pretty horrible things about methadone clinics, and I'm glad I lucked out of ending up at one (they were all full at the time - talk about a blessing in disguise).