• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone & subutex

shannoneastridge10

Greenlighter
Ive been dosing at 70 mg of methadone for awhile now but i was sick Sat. and didnt make it to the clinic. So i missed Sat. dose and Sun take home. Its now Sun afternoon and i was wondering if i could take a subutex i have in case of emergency?? Thanks for your feedback!

No way you're going to send yourself into precipitated withdrawal. I would wait 3 to 5 days minimum probably seven to be safe before introducing any buprenorphine into my system. if you've been stable on your dose at 70 mg for a while now you shouldn't be having any severe withdrawals just yet. You should definitely be able to make it 2 days without dosing. You might be a little uncomfortable and have some anxiety and mental cravings but as far as severe physical withdrawal you should not be experiencing that until at least the third day I would just wait it out and get to the clinic first thing Monday morning. Because I promise you if you give yourself precipitated withdrawals from the buprenorphine it's going to be like hell compared to what you're experiencing now.

I have done bottle of methadone, next evening subutex.
However if you are on methadone maintaince i think you just can't do it because it takes long to leave your body and you have big amounts of it.
It has been over 48 hours since your last dose?
It comes to personal things, i can do it next day but i know it might be dangerous. Maybe start with little sub and move to bigger dose?