• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

methadone rush much stronger then heroin?

this is very weird, second time i've heard this recently, i had an infection in my foot and had to have a picline? put in my arm, because i had to go to the hospital twice a day and have iv antibiotics, but while i was at my house this allowed me to shoot anything into my arm as all i had to do was fill up one of those big syringes and screw it into the tube comeing outa my arm, i shot whole wafers of methadone, 80mg's of the 10mg pills, an everything else you could imagine, but, the methadone no mater how much or little i put in my arm i did not feel anything for atleast ten minutes and even then it took a good half hour to fully work its self in. i cant imagin just useing a normal syringe would be better then what i had, i just dont get how it can give you a rush i guess.

A picline distributes the antibiotic into arteries which bring it to the cells in other parts of your body. The drug becomes very diluted before it reaches your BBB and that's why I bet you didn't get a rush.

Forgive me if my post is repeating anothers' infromation but I do not have the time needed to read the entire long thread.

Methadone and "rush." Well a "rush" is a very subjective thing BUT there are ways in which clinicians quantify it: "Twitch," "Sphincter," and "Motility" among others and then of course there are always internal scans with and without dyes.

That said, "rush" can be understood very simply as the "rapid onset" of a substance. This sis why when you insufflate heroin you get no rush, but get a huge one when you inject instead.

People often confuse "rush" with "euphoria" and they are two different things altogether. For example, IF you inject IV ampoules of methadone you WILL get a decent "ruch." At the same time, methadone is chmeically incapable of producing "euphoria."

Alot of folks like to arge that it does, and in fact we recently had this discussion in another forum but as I said there, there is a certain chemical rule that methadone is subject to and it fails on the tiny facet of 1 of the 4 componenets in the "Rule."

Now, that said, orla methadone should NEVER be injected, AT ALL. Not only will it not produce even a "rush," it has additives that make injection of it dangerous to say the least.

The rapid onset that produces a "rush" is rapid onset via the BBB (Blood to Brain Barrier). For example, heroin has greater lipd solubility makeing it 3 times as efficient at crossing the BBB than morphine, ergo the better rush associated with heroin.

I have to add, injection of anything side from IV ampoules is indeed VERY DANGEROUS. INJECTION OF ORAL METHADONE is not only dangerous it is stupid since its oral bioavailability is higher than any opther comprable med. It is counter-intutive.

and i want you....AND I WANT YOU!!!!!!!!!

you are the perfect drug, the perfect drug, the perfect drug.......

i might be a bit of a hypocrite to say "Don't shoot methodone" (seeing as iv bupe is useful)....but just be careful. Do the research, read about the inactive ingredients, watch yourself and don't let anything gnarly build up on you.

I SAY IT AGAIN:

Only 13% of the oral methadone reaches the opiates receptors because there are other things that stop methadone from beeing active instead of enzymes and PGP.
For you that dont know it, methadone like many drugs binds to proteins, and when its bind its inactive, and only 13% of the ingested methadone are not bond to proteins so only 13% are active!
If you shoot it up besides the time it takes to reach the brain is less, so is less the methadone that is bound to proteins, acording to studies ive seen its about 30% active when used IV versus the oral.
So there you have it, that kinda explains why methadone IV is double the potency of oral methadone. Looks at the equivalence tables (the good ones, not the online messy ones..), most of them consider IV methadone to be 2x potent as Oral methadone!

For the ones that didnt count protein binding as altering the drug potency they should inform themselfs better..

Methadone rush is weird. I get a rush off of oral methadone that is the same as oxy for me, but takes an hour and a half to kick in for me. I only know one other person who gets a rush like that from methadone. Most other people I know who buy dones take them to either keep from getting sick when they are low on money, or trying to taper down on opiates.

So How would a person IV Dones? I get the 10mg tablets and I would guess I would need around 20-30mg IVed to get an awesome high. What sized syringe would hold that?

^
don't inject the tablets if you have half of a tolerance , not worth it expecially if you don't have a micron filter , i know getting those amps is hard but not as hard as having no veins left after 1 year of shooting ridiculous amounts of huge pills