• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone Question

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
I woke up feeling sick this morning and took 80mg liquid methadone. I'm wondering how long this will keep me well? My normal intake is a little over half gram of high quality heroin taken IV.

Tia

Methadone has a fairly long half life. With 80 milligrams you should stave off serious withdrawal symptoms for around 24 hours.

if you were actually doing .5 gram of high quality heroin 80 would not even be close to enough. you do closer to .1 gram of mediocre heroin if 80mg methadone holds you

Ya I seem to agree with dynospec . I've never taken methadone more than 2 times and I took like 25 mgs randomly along with shooting blk tar I was scared of methadone addiction so I stayed away. But my habit is similar to yours .5 gram quality quality tar powder and I have to take 150 mgs of morphine ER 3-4 times a day just to feel normal no high, so 500-800 mgs a day . H is so potent I've realized this so I imagine it would require more for 24 hour relief , you'll feel ok for like 8-12 hours and than back down hill to WD

I am on 85 mg of methadone a day, and I have been knocking it down, I was on 135mg following my worst tumble into the pit of despair that is opiate dependence. For about a year I was injecting a minimum of 2 points of really strong down that was cut with a bunch of fentanyl. It was down but it would have been too weak if it was just the down. As the supply dwindled the mix would become more colorful and moreso just fent till the next shipment came in. Heroin is so unpredictable to get where I live so Im happy to be getting out of it. I dont care as much for fent. But yeah my habit was minimum 2 points of down, or 30mg hyhdromorphone IV a day, when I wasnt broke it would be 3-4 points a day, or 60mg hydromorphone or 2points+30mg would be a nice day. If you are smoking it you wont need nearly as much mehtadone as I did. plus ive never seen tar in my life haha

Methadone has a fairly long half life. With 80 milligrams you should stave off serious withdrawal symptoms for around 24 hours.

Sorry I'm late to this, but yea, I always counted Methadone as the "24 hour" hit. I could take it in, say, the morning and I might wake up the following morning in the wee hours with the start of Akathisia.