The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Methadone Ontario Canada.

34tuforlunch

Bluelighter
I have been working my way of opiates but it seems to not be working out. I plan on going to an ACT centre. I am just wondering how exactly do they work. Do I need to go their on a daily basis to receive my dose or is it in a prescribed bottle I take with me and how often are urine tests or checkups, I live about a 30 minute drive from the nearest location so I am not sure if this treatment is realistic for me.

dunno bout in canada but in the us most clinics have to be visited daily n you get take homes on the weekends or some shit, some people might get more frequent take homes but you usually gotta show up daily.

drug tests are usually random

I attended an OATC clinic on two different occasions. I live about 40 minutes away from the closest one. During the first couple weeks I had to show up everyday (I never drank there btw; I drank at a local pharm.) After that it was just in and out once a week to leave a urine sample and see the doc every couple months.. sometimes I'd even miss a week and it was no big deal.. Of course, I never got carries.
That's my experience anyway.. once you build a bit of trust with them they give you some slack. When I first looked into it, it sounded like I would have to show up everyday but I think they make it seem like that to weed out the people that aren't serious.