• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone nasal use

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
I am looking for information of the bioavailability of nasal methadone
I found this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12426517
CONCLUSIONS:
Nasal administration of methadone results in rapid absorption and onset of effect and high bioavailability, which was greater than that reported for other nasal opioids, with a similar duration of effect. Nasal administration may be an alternative route of methadone administration; however, improved formulations are desirable to reduce nasal irritation.
it talks about the "burning" that some people feel when inhaling methadone, I do not think it is a problem for me to inhale it even if it burns if it really works this way.
I also found the excipients of the pills that I have of methadone 5mg and they are:
Methadone hydrochloride 5mg
Croscarmellose sodium 5mg
Microcrystalline cellulose PH200 107.5mg
Magnesium stearate 2,5mg
The pills are small, I suppose they are not too many excipients, right? Anyway, what do you think about this? it will work? i don't think i inhale a lot, probably just a pill out of curiosity

Yea those sound snortable. I think the main reason most folks don’t sniff em is cuz of the typical formulations, liquid or wafers. I remember I would get 20mg wafers that were probably 600-800mg or so, way too much to sniff.

~120mg does indeed sound small. Report back :)

-GC