• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

The racemic hydrochloride is the most widely available and is the only form currently available in the United States.

im on 180mgs and I think its because of the " asymmetric synthesis [R-(-)-methadone]

Levomethadone

I asked a chemist what asymmetric meant and he told me what and how they put the molecules together blah blah and that the the Juice could be -50%
strength because when I took the a 30mgs and 40mgs tabs in Cost Rica when I got it from the hospital for pain mang not meant for MMT.

The Pills where way better

Post from 2012 CR

mods- i think discussing methadone pricing is okay, if i was mistaken i apologize.

well i can't believe after all i've been through the past few years i'm back where i started, on methadone. i've been gone from the forum awhile, but may pop my head in from time to time for support. i just moved to a new city and don't have any real life friends. at the moment i am posting because i want to rant about something. i just started at a clinic in CO. first off, it was a B%&#H TO GET INTO. i'll skip the details, i did get in aftet trying two weeks, thank GOD. being back on the clinic is helping me so much already. it got me thinkin about a friend of mine who lives in TN. she has been using opiates a long time, but only within the past few years did she start shooting up and using heroin. SO, i recommended the clinic to her. she says subs don't work well for her, make her sick. maybe she is one of the few who can't tolerate the naloxone. anyways, i decided to call the clinic in her town for her, just to get some info. i thought it would be perfect for her since she has medicaid. WELL, this clinic, the only clinic there (although they have two branches), doesn't take medicaid?! it is 116 a week, and there's an intake. i am self pay and pay 230 a month, half as much. my question is, does the price vary by state or something? the feds regualte everything else about the clinic, why not the prices? it just seems so unfair. the ammount they are charging makes the program very inaccessable to many people, unless they want to keep hustling to pay for the clinic like they did their habit.

I'm hearing mmt decays yours teeth and your teeth will fall apart after a few years I'm not cool with that I have a perfect smile and lately my teeth have been getting really sensitive when I brush my teeth that it hurts when I first put the brush to my teeth i groan in pain

I'm so regretting getting on this im on 70mg a day it's only been 4 months I'm already thinking about tapering the sweating the weight loss the tooth pain it's just toxic

I think suboxone was the better drug but it was so expensive and mmt is free

Im so fuxking confused

A combo of methadone and amyltriptaline fucked my teeth. The amyltriptaline causes very dry mouth but I forget the exact reason why methadone causes dental problems. It cost me a fucking fortune for crowns and veneers to get them looking decent again.

The weird thing for me was it seemed to happen so fast!!..was on oxy and morpbine....fine teeth then switched to methadone and fucked teeth in no time at all.....

I fucking hate methadone. I ran out of my script early the other week and the wds were just hell on earth. Lucky I was off work. Its gonna be such a battle to get off.

How long have u been on

Im gona get off before it ruins my teeth fuck that man this sucks. !!!!

People saying there teeth literatly crumbled away and actually fell out of their gums and have dentures at age 34 fuck all that that sounds like those night mares where ur teeth fall out add me sick hearing these stories front teeth rotted away I'm getting on subs

I have to much good of a smile to fuck it up

Someone said they could pull there tooth out of their gums literatly said it was so lose it was like losing your baby teeth

Last edited:
when i started m-done for chronic pain my doc said it could cause issues with my teeth but rare, after i had lost 2 teeth. Bullshit!! after 2 years and 9 teeeth in the sink i went to my oral surgeon (Harvard 71 ) and he said with the quanity i was taking i might as well forget having any teeth by year 5 well i am gumming baby food now and since the doc did inform me (i don't remember him saying that) my only recourse is to hope Gabby Hayes movies come back. Or maybe i could be a model against speed.

you peeps lost your teeth, huh? I know people who have been on it for years and never had a problem; you still brush, wash, clean and all that shit, right? I always though the done' and teeth problems were just for junkies who didnt brush, cuz I know many who still have ALL teeth and no problems.

here is a question: so I went on a 6 month Methadone program because I need to go "away" come Jan 4th, so within first 2 months I got up to 95MG and now dropping pretty rapid and already down to 48MG and need to be done/off by mid December; I felt NO DIFFERENCE so far while decreasing from 95 to 48, but did feel a huge difference when I first got on at 20MG and had to get to 95MG ASAP!

anyway, do you guys think my withdrawals will be THAT bad as I continue to drop dosage? I usually drop a 1MG every other day; or there are times ill drop 1MG 2 days in a row and then on the third day I wont drop, but on the 4th day I will drop 1MG again. so far, so good, so I dont mind dropping at a good pace. I still feel good and have had no problems.

when/where do you think I will start feeling/seeing some problems? all seems too easy thus far but I know 48MG is still a good dose, but just seems like nothing to me since I was on 95MG so quick and used to shoot between 1-3 grams of dope a day.

DWE - I've been on various opiates for pain management for 18 years and 180-250mg methadone for about 10 years.

Its definately nothing to do with dental hygiene either as mine is and always has been exactly as the dentist recommends. I.e. good quality electric toothbrush morning and night combined with anti plaque mouth wash and floss once a day as well. Yeah I know some pople brush 3 or 4 times a day but I doubt what I currently do could be described as inadequate. Plus my methadone is pills so its not the liquid that's causes it either.

My problems were mainly front top teeth....I mean they look fine now but like I say that's due to crowns and venears and expensive cosmetic dentistry but if for some reason I couldn't afford that they would look terrible. But I am British and according to all Americans we Brits are meant to have bad teeth arnt we? Hahaha!!.

Nah seriously you can still maintain nice teeth but I think for many with methadone long term the only way you can manage that is with a lot of dental work (or that's been my experience anyway). I hate bad teeth which is why I sacrificed other things in my life to pay to have mine made nice again.

It's been four months and my teeth already feeling sensitive when I brush my teeth like supersensitive where I could barely brush them I can hurts really bad

Suboxone I felt better motivation wise

So expensive for subs though

^^ expensive for subs? Dr? or street pricing? both are not expensive; youre in Boston I am assuming w/ the Pats logo, right? if you see a private Dr. it can run a few bucks to get started but once you are fully scripted its not THAT BAD!

or you can do a program, not a private Dr., and its much cheaper but you have to commit to going to see. a Psych Dr., doing a 1 month out-house program where you meet M/W/F from 10-12 and talk w/ the group when you first start, etc. luckily 2 years ago I had 3 months where I didnt work and was collect disability due to a surgery I had, so I got the chance to do all this and got on suboxone for so cheap; I was filling my script for 90 8MG subs for $15! but w/ the program there is drug testing, counseling, etc, so I eventually fucked up and gave up. now I am on methadone which there is no counseling, no drug testing which I NEED TO PASS, etc, so its easier in that sense, but I would much rather be on suboxone cuz I hate having to wake up, go to clinic, etc. which is why I am TRYING to come off the done by mid December; I also NEED to come off because I am going away for 2 weeks due to 2nd DUI.

DWE - I've been on various opiates for pain management for 18 years and 180-250mg methadone for about 10 years.

Its definately nothing to do with dental hygiene either as mine is and always has been exactly as the dentist recommends. I.e. good quality electric toothbrush morning and night combined with anti plaque mouth wash and floss once a day as well. Yeah I know some pople brush 3 or 4 times a day but I doubt what I currently do could be described as inadequate. Plus my methadone is pills so its not the liquid that's causes it either.

My problems were mainly front top teeth....I mean they look fine now but like I say that's due to crowns and venears and expensive cosmetic dentistry but if for some reason I couldn't afford that they would look terrible. But I am British and according to all Americans we Brits are meant to have bad teeth arnt we? Hahaha!!.

Nah seriously you can still maintain nice teeth but I think for many with methadone long term the only way you can manage that is with a lot of dental work (or that's been my experience anyway). I hate bad teeth which is why I sacrificed other things in my life to pay to have mine made nice again.

lol, I agree w/ this all tho, man. I care too much about my looks, so I would NEVER let this shit ROT MY TEETH! fuck that, I'd get off the done and go back on dope, lol. I am on done right now but only been 4 months and will be off in December because I need to wrap up quick.

I NEED HELP PLEASE READ-Methadone Question

I have been on and off painkillers for seven years due to an arm injury. Most recently I was taking 10mg Norco 3x a day. I took too many, ran out of my rx, and had to buy them off the streets for the first time. This girl told me she was getting me crushed painkillers and to snort them. I was doing 3 sometimes 4 or 5 bags a day for 2 weeks. Then i found out she gave me heroin. Out of money, sick, and terrified I took 60mg of methadone. Today is my dr. appointment and I don't know what to do. I read online that you can only get methadone from a clinic that you have to go to every single day, and the wd is a lot worse than heroin or painkillers. I'm tempted to stay on the methadone because it's free but for this reason I'm really scared and have no idea what to do. I just moved in with family and can't go through wd in front of them. Do I go back on painkillers, and if I do will I still experience wd from the heroin? PLEASE HELP ME!

If you could get by on 30mg of oxycodone then you made a mistake getting on methadone to begin with. Suboxone would have been much better suited to your cause.
Hypothetically speaking , if your dose was more like 100 mg oxy daily, ?

Methadone is a shitty option, IMHO.
Takes forever to get off, and is ridiculously powerful. The withdrawals are shockingly long and shockingly terrible, too.

Suboxone is newer, better, and all around healthier to live on, in my view.

I've seen so many people become screwed from methadone that I am beyond ever supporting it, but it certainly is better than an addiction to heroin and other opiates.

In terms of healthiness, this is what I think:

Abstinence > Kratom > Suboxone > Methadone > Opiate addiction.
This is Michael I live in tx on cedar street. I'm wondering where I can get some methadone. I repo cars for a living, and I drive a black dodge duelie, a white ford f250 and I make enough money to pay you. Help a nigger out

lol I can't believe this is still here.

Hi Michael , you may want to edit some identifying factors. If you need methadone maintenance therapy best to go through local channels in Tx . See a doc , pharm or anyone with info on how you can get on the program. Usually it's fairly quick cheap and easy.
Good luck to you.

The 40mg biscuits are far better than the crappy methadone cherry liquid I get at my clinic. Pretty sure its made by malincrodt or however u spell it. A lot of their opi products seem weak and crappy IMO.

Wonder how they control the mg amt of methadone at my pharmacy. I'm not on MMT but see them dispense all the time.
They have a huge insulated jug w spigot, and have tang prepared with methadone. Everyone seems to get the same size amount in a Dixie cup, and no one even gives their name. Just take a number, when numbered called get your methadone .. And go.
About 1 in 50 I see what looks like a small safe filled with dailies. They return their empties and are immediately set w another pile. It doesn't look like 7 days though. I thought I've seen 3's and 5's. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though. Those carries have a different mixer. Looks red.

26MG MMT left; another month and ill be done!

pray for me here, peeps! its going to be happening right around the Holiday and I am going on a 2 week "getaway" so I wont have anything avail to me!

I SHOULD be good, right? I even have some Kratom for the first FEW days coming of.

I only used Methadone for 6 months and will be wrapping up xmas eve! wish me the best!

Went up from 80mg to 90mg today to help combat my using on top of my methadone. Hopefully it helps.

I wonder if ill get a small buzz off the 10mg bump. I didnt from 70 to 80, but it would be nice. lol