• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

I guess now I have one more clinic, that is 20 minutes in the opposite direction of my work to try, and then try calling doctors to see if they would take a maintenance patient for a month or 2...how would I go about that, and what type of dr.'s would I call for a stop gap wafer prescription?
Ive been reading thru your posts and this thread in general, You are in quite the predicament!! Ive been on methadone for many years, but I abuse my script and usually run out early, but I now supplement during the times im out with Heroin. I know it may not the right thing, but you may have to resort to copping 'something' in order to get thru this, so you get the job...I think that is the most important thing, without a job, you cant do MMT anyway.

Ive been reading thru your posts and this thread in general, You are in quite the predicament!! Ive been on methadone for many years, but I abuse my script and usually run out early, but I now supplement during the times im out with Heroin. I know it may not the right thing, but you may have to resort to copping 'something' in order to get thru this, so you get the job...I think that is the most important thing, without a job, you cant do MMT anyway.

yeah, If i resorted to that though, I would lose my girlfriend and my newborn daughter, as she is also a recovering addict, and will most definitely not have any justification of using H. So that is out of the ?..even though it would work, it just wont work for me...I gotta do this one by the book.

I absolutely disagree fizz his recovery is and always will be the most important thing to hold onto because without that you resort to old habits and I dont think that job even made the list of top priorities when seadons life revolved around whatever doc brought him to mmt to get help, I know that the though of getting a job not once crossed my mind when I was using oxy everyday for 2 years. And giving someone in this thread an excuse to get high on the drug that he has fought so hard to stay away from is the last thing anybody on mmt needs to hear hr wise because making excuses for why we can get high today is what an addict does best. I applaud the fact that you realize no matter what the justification for using might be it has no direct influence on the consequences that come with going back down that path. Imo using heroin to get through meth wds bc of clinic problems is either going to change nothing in your will to stay clean or it will cause you to start thinking like a heroin addict again and fighting to find a place to get dosed could quickly become a distant memory.

Last edited:
Methadone is the worst drug ever invented. I am now in post acute withdrawal symptoms after going cold turkey from 100 mgs for 5 yrs not to mention I take benzos. Do not get on this crap EVER. Heroin withdrawal is much easier compared to this. Haven't slept in week, depressed, irratible, and my eyes are so dilated it feels like im on lsd. BEWARE.

Methadone is the worst drug ever invented. I am now in post acute withdrawal symptoms after going cold turkey from 100 mgs for 5 yrs not to mention I take benzos. Do not get on this crap EVER. Heroin withdrawal is much easier compared to this. Haven't slept in week, depressed, irratible, and my eyes are so dilated it feels like im on lsd. BEWARE.

I know this...and I feel like most people, especially if they are here, that are on, or thinking of going on MMT, are making an educated decision, and are/have weighed the risks involved...methadone is obviously not a cure, nor is it meant to be, its about harm reduction. I was having a daughter in 5 months and in rehab and needed to find a job to support my newly expanding family before she was born when I made my decision. I knew that in order for me to get and stay clean without an MT program, I would need to go to long term, i.e. halfway house, followed by sober living, treatment, which would have taken at least a year more than likely 2 years, and I just couldn't afford that time, although if I could have I would have. But methadone allowed me to leave rehab with a plan in motion that I was confident in that I would be able to stay clean, it is a safety net, a buffer if you will, that helps give a freshly recovering addict the security, to put his life a ways down the right path before going it alone, like training wheels :). In my case it allowed me to leave rehab after the 14 days that I had and then go into MMT 48 hours later and not pick up my DOC ONCE since then December 26th 2013. It allowed me to get a full time job in less than a week, which unfortunately I was laid off, but thats out of my hands and it allowed me to find a part time job the same day I was laid off, and a new full-time job in 2 weeks. And most importantly I saw the birth of my daughter through sober eyes and gave me the ability to support her, and to get an apartment for my family, where my daughter has a nursery. And it allowed me to accomplish all of this within 6 months, I realize that I have put myself in a situation where in a year, or a few years I will have a very trying and hard detox, but that is something I new going in and to me, there was no other way that would allow me to get done what I needed to get done in such a limited time frame. Every MMT case is different, and some really dont need it the way I did and would probably do better not putting themselves in liquid handcuffs, but they are scared of taking the plunge into sobriety without any security 'blanket' if you will. But I'm certain that everyone on this forum, in this thread, knows that they have a tough detox ahead if they are on, or decide to go on MMT. The reward just outweighs the risk for some.

I also have some news on what I am doing for my situation with the new job and need of a new methadone provider, I have to go fill out paperwork for the new job right now but when I get home I will fill you in on what I figured out...maybe it can help someone else in the future.

Why would you go cold turkey from 100mg's? See this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. People do dumb crap like that, don't use the drug correctly, don't taper, etc, and then when they inevitably have a bad time.. they blame the drug..

No offense, but if you were foolish enough to cold turkey stop 100mg's of methadone, you deserve to feel like shit. What did you think was going to happen? That is not how you get off methadone, and people like you who don't use it correctly and don't come off correctly, give it a bad name. That's where all these horror stories come from, people doing stuff like you did.

dose methadone when can I..

about 26 hrs ago I dosed 150mg methadone ( not me regular dose, i took a little more in hopes of some sort of buzz, but of course I got nothing). ANyways I got have some BTH, and am wondering if its been long enough that I'll feel the dope?

FYI: My body metabolizes Methadone pretty quickly.. as in I often wake up in mornings with minor WD symptoms until I take more daily morning dose..

I know its hard to say for sure.. but someone must have an "educated guess" on how much longer( or if its been long enough) I need to wait to feel to dope shot..8(

EDIT: Could I possibly smoke some of it, and see it felt that at all, sort of as an indicator if 'done has left my recpors and a nice shot would be worth while?

---For the sake of HR, I am asking this becasue I don't want to add to the respitory depressing effects that methadone my pose ontop of any heroin, even though I don't feel like theres any 'Done in my system.--

Thanks all %)

Last edited:
Not likely. Even with a fast metabolism, that is a lot of methadone, and you've been on 120mg's for a while, so you have many doses all stacked on top of each other. You're not going to be able to feel the dope enough to make it worth it and not be a total waste, for probably at least a few days.

Darn.. :|

Not the answer I was looking for, but, shit that was exactly what I was expecting to hear, Lol.

Well I suppose I'll try putting a little tar on the foil and see what it does to my pupils ( as they arent constricted at all anymore now as I just woke up) - As that's usually my tell till way to know of knowing whether or not my recptors are totally blocked..

I absolutely disagree fizz his recovery is and always will be the most important thing to hold onto because without that you resort to old habits and I dont think that job even made the list of top priorities when seadons life revolved around whatever doc brought him to mmt to get help, I know that the though of getting a job not once crossed my mind when I was using oxy everyday for 2 years. And giving someone in this thread an excuse to get high on the drug that he has fought so hard to stay away from is the last thing anybody on mmt needs to hear hr wise because making excuses for why we can get high today is what an addict does best. I applaud the fact that you realize no matter what the justification for using might be it has no direct influence on the consequences that come with going back down that path. Imo using heroin to get through meth wds bc of clinic problems is either going to change nothing in your will to stay clean or it will cause you to start thinking like a heroin addict again and fighting to find a place to get dosed could quickly become a distant memory.

Exactly, you said it perfectly...if I went back to dope...even with the best of intentions, it would lose me the job, and then some, no doubt in my mind...opiates are my kryptonite.

In regards to my clinic opening at 6 and the new job starting at 530 predicament, I may have found the best temporary solution. There is a clinic 5 minutes down the road from my new job and it opens at 530...so if I get there at 4:45 which sucks a but, but oh well, then I can probably be to work by 5:40-5:45. I say temporary, because there is another clinic in my home town that opens at 5am but they aren't accepting new patients at the moment, so I got on the waiting list, if I can get in there within a month or 2 then I can show up at 4 or 415 and then hopefully make it to my work 20 mins away by 530 sharp. I still am going to look into getting an old fashioned Rx though, I am confident that I can handle the responsibility of not abusing it and it would make life so much easier, I just don't know where to go to see about getting that done, I know there are situations where it does happen though, my buddy was on mmt in NY and the nearest clinic was over 2 hours away so he got a 2 week supply of wafers Rx'd biweekly. Anybody on here have any experience with this form of MMT?

You are buying in to your own shit. First off clinics are not regulated at all where I am from. They don't even test for opiates before dosing. Then, every time I see dr death he asks me for a 100 bucks if I want something else... over 1000 ppl at that clinic and the dr runs 8 of them. It takes 3 hrs to get dosed and they do not let take homes. I see ppl with a codeine addiction being admitted for MMT. Also with Obamacare, this clinic lets you join free so many non addicts join, pocket the dose or put it in THERE mouth and go spit it out and sell it. Drug dealers hang outside and prey on the weak. Once your on methadone your on it for life unless you really wanna change. And yea it was rough but dragging it out just builds more in you. Why is methadone overdose so much on the rise if its soo great??? Ill pray for you. Your mind isn't clear. Remember just for today :) Beware of methadone... Heroin withdrawal is a cakewalk compared to this.

well smoking about .3 of the tar yielded no results... so im guessing i still do indeed have too much methadone still in my system. :X

..IS there any sor of way to speed to the rate in which my body metabolizes the 'done?

^^

Sorry you had such a bad experience with it and were at such a bad clinic, but hopping off at 100mg's and expecting anything less is foolish. Maybe if you used it correctly you'd have a different opinion. Either way, to say that just because something didn't work for you, and you've seen a bad clinic (there are bad ones and there are good ones, like anything else), that it wont work for anybody and is this horrible thing, is very naive.

It's like driving drunk, speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, then getting into an accident, and blaming the car... It wasn't the car.. it's how you recklessly and foolishly used it.

well it just doesn't work for me... Id like to get clean, but the 'done doesn't help my cravings..... its just so hard fro me.

It has been a little over 33 hours since I last took my dose of methadone.. Im suprising feeling no WD symptons yet ( well my last dose was 150mg) , but I desperately want to shoot up some tar I have.. Has it been long enough? \\

Is there any way to tell if its been long enough, like my pupils are normal sized, react to light, and are pin pointed anymore,, could what be a tell tale sign at all?