• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methadone Maintenance.. Anyone?

I am on methadone not for pain, have been 10yrs low dose @20mg, recently GP prescribed Oxy for breakthrough pain, but i am worried DDU will go ape at me if i lodge script?

yeah, i'd be hesitant if you're getting treated for dependency and your doctor is starting to write you oxy. for what reason, can i ask? if it is an actual pain related issue then no worries.

yeah, i'd be hesitant if you're getting treated for dependency and your doctor is starting to write you oxy. for what reason, can i ask? if it is an actual pain related issue then no worries.

Yes Pain related issue, Just not sure of the bureaucratic side really, not met to many clients who have pain either. Pharmacist seems to think the standard rule is up your dosage, along with that though comes side effects. I could go the codeine route maybe less addictive doc has no issues there either to use as required . 8(

The doc didn't force you to take the pills, you said yourself you were abusing pills and doctor shopping for them. Quit blaming somebody else for the choices you made and own up that you're an addict. It is general knowledge that opiates are addictive

Also, oxy to methadone 170mg? You upgraded your habit bud, should've gone to suboxone.

Most would consider themslves lucky to find a doc like that. I would do anything for a doc legally giving me 7x 80s a day jesus...

Last edited:
Some very interesting pionts being made on both sides of the "free-will v. Irresponsible doctor" argument. My 2 cent: although I think ultimately it IS up to your free-will & personal responsibility, I undoubtably believe that the culture of "medications" in this country has turned into a billion-$-legal drug dealing business. It's truely a government ignored and/or supported epidemic.

& yes. I am that guy that thinks crack was distributed by the government on the west coast during the 80s.