L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Methadone maintenance and sex

Metalchik

Greenlighter
I have been with my BF almost 2 years and we both have a heroin habit and used to have great sex. We decided to try and go on maintenance it stopped a lot of H use but there is zero sex life, I couldn't deal. It is comstantly up and down. Every 2 minutes we have to stop and get it going again, just doesn't stay hard. Dose was 80 him me 90. We are both off of it now and sex is better again but we have to go back on it or maybe try subs. Rehabs just haven't worked for me personally yet. I just don't know.

Guys do u have this problem on meth or sub? I need to hear from other men without talking on the phone lol I'm sure he'd flip if I spoke of this...

Absolutely normal

Long term addiction to hard opiates will do this. At the end of my heavy, heavy heroin using days I could hardly ever get hard, and methadone is much worse

Suboxone is definitely better to avoid this side effect, and IMHO is a better maintenance drug overall

So suboxone is a lot better with this problem? Because the methadone is just real sucky... In sex aspect it's much better on heroin

I have done both Methadone maintenance and Suboxone for multi-years on each. Methadone definitely made the bedroom a frustrating place and Suboxone definitely affected the instrument less than methadone.

Finally being opiate free and experiencing a chemically unblemished orgasm: $priceless$

Ugk it really sucks. Sex is extremely important, especially if your not into just fucking anyone. I have to be comfortable with someone to achieve max pleasure and his dick being high is awful!! I always joke and say his dick is stoned or ODing or on methadone. Not only does he not cum at all unless he's sick or haven't had his dose. But it won't stay hard to get me off.

Another big problem is sec drive. It is extremely low, e has no drive it's impossible to have sex with him

I always joke and say his dick is stoned or ODing or on methadone. Not only does he not cum at all unless he's sick or haven't had his dose. But it won't stay hard to get me off.

My dude years ago used to have problems just with the blue 30s. Just those specifically. Nothing else.
My input: 2 things...
1) everyone is different. it's hard (no awful pun intended hahahah) to listen to one person in here because everyone's body varies when it comes to the reaction of a substance. The only thing in common is that some men typically have problems in that area when opiates/maintenance is involved. You just have to help him find what works for him and be supportive... which leads me to number 2.
2) I know that you said you "JOKE" around and say his dick is stoned etc. but THIS MAKES IT WORSE!!! Trust me. Especially if this is the first time that something like "this" is happening to him. It's going to make him feel 100% worse on soooo many different levels. We don't know what it's like because we are chicks but it totally bruises their egos and then it puts more and MORE stress on the situation to perform correctly- that it sooner than later he'll want to stop trying all together, because it's easier to not try, then it is to try and fail.
Even though it is frustrating for you, you have to be supportive towards him and remind him that the reason it IS happening is because of drugs and nothing else.

i would say yes, theres a very good chance suboxone would have this effect much lesss, or not at all, compared to methadone.