• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone & Hydrocodone together?

shelayah

Greenlighter
Hello All! My friend has been a long time reader of this site and said she's learned all she knows of hydrocodone from here :) My friend was wondering if anyone had ANY input on mixing hydrocodone & methadone together. First off, she has a high opiate tolerance. She has taken hydro in many pill forms but has never taken Methadone. She was given a 10mg pill from another friend and was wondering if she took that at say 1pm one could she than do her normal hydro dose of 60mg about 6 hrs later? She said she felt nothing from the methadone and has waited several hrs since she read it does take time but almost 6 hrs has passed and nothing! Keep in mind she takes 120mg-150mg of hydro DAILY for many years. She wld appreciate any input/experiences. Ive researched for her and cant find much on it at all. Thank you in advance

Ps...yes she does CWE's so no need to go there lol just need to knw about mixing..ty

Your tolerance is to high for 10mg methadone to be effective. I'd suggest putting the methadone away for a rainy day.

" my friend " lolz .....
You should just save it for when and if you ever run dry ..... With that tolerance it prob. Won't be noticeable , but if you run out a couple days you will really appreciate having it !! If you can't save them and want to just enjoy , " my friend " is about the same daily and 2 of them make for a nice day - sometimes a third a couple hrs later ..... Just remember they really do last ~ 24 hrs so keep that in mind the next morning and maybe skip your typical morning dose of hydro !!

Use of "my friend, my pet, and swim" is not allowed on BL, just giving you a heads up, besides we all know you're talking about you. Now to your question, yes you should be in the clear to take your normal dose of hydro.Although methadone has a long half-life, and will linger in your system for quite some time, 10mg is a very low dose and you should be fine. Just be careful if you take a bigger dose next time, 'cause the rules of engagement change then.

- Hopeless Soul