• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone help.

sammcrayy

Greenlighter
methadone w/d help.

after getting back on heroin for 6 months after two years clean i started on a methadone program with the hope of an easier detox. they put me on methadone instead of subutex for whatever reason and i stayed on it for a total of about 3 weeks with a week break after the first week. my dr started me on a taper after i expressed my concern of staying on it too long and i jumped at 25 mg. i guess my question is how long should my withdrawals last after about a month of use. im 7 days in right now and im constantly nauseous, sweating, cramping, ect. ive been through withdrawals before but never anything this bad. i cant stop throwing up. i bought suboxone off a friend yesterday to help with the pain but am going to do a quick 5 day taper off that and am hoping that gets me through the worst. i just hate not knowing what to expect and almost wish i would have stayed on dope and w/d from that.
if anyone has any advise or words of comfort i would love to hear it.

Last edited:
forget the subutex, its just gonna prolong it! youre almost there. you should see improvement in the coming days. youve suffered this long, you may as well see it out.