• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone for back pain

get_lo

Greenlighter
Hello everyone! Ok, so I'm going to be seeing a new Dr. soon because I just moved out of state and anyway, I used to be prescribed a low dose of methadone 10mg 1x a day. It was for Methadone Maintenance, but the whole time I was taking them, I noticed how they really helped with my back and neck pains. I have scoliosis, which is kinda why I've had an opiate history. After I was completely weened off methadone, I started using morphine and oxy and diluadid shots, but have been clean for 3 months from the needle. But would it be wise to ask for a low dose of methadone because it did help with my pain and also eliminated any cravings which I still get sometimes. Please let me know what you think or any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)

In my experience, methadone is great for chronic pain. However, I was up to 100mg/day, and getting off meth I found to be extremely difficult. I would talk to as many meth users (current and former) as you can to get as many opinions as possible. Good luck!

In my experience, methadone is great for chronic pain. However, I was up to 100mg/day, and getting off meth I found to be extremely difficult. I would talk to as many meth users (current and former) as you can to get as many opinions as possible. Good luck!
Thank you!

I want to add that I've taken methadone recreationally about 2 times a week and noticed tolerance rises quickly. At first 20mg gave me a decent high not nodding but felt pretty good. A month later I take 40mg to get a good high and have even debated taking more than that..also I've never been dependent on opiates so this is all just from recreational use

Recreationally tolerance might rise fast but for pain and wd methadone actually has a mechanism that bother opioid lack which causes tolerance to remain more or less constant this is one of the reasons why it is used for maintenanfe