• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone experience

markosheehan

Bluelighter
hi

A couple days ago I took 12 mg of methadone liquid from someone who goes to a clinic. I have completely 0 tolerance and I have never used other opioids besides kratom a couple months ago. I felt only a very mild buzz from it and I was surprised how mild it was considering a lot of people warned me taking it that I would OD because I am opiate naive but this did not happen. Im now thinking maybe the liquid was diluted but I could be wrong. Does anyone know the chances of it being diluted ?

If you obtained it from an addict then there is a good chance it was diluted before it was passed on to you. Fairly standard practice I'm afraid. 12mg of methadone should be more than enough for someone who is opiate naive.

12 mg is not much methadone at all so that amount wouldn't cause a person overdose. Is that a typo? I've never found it to be recreational either. Thing is, nobody would be able to say with any certainty if it had been watered down so you may never find that answer.

When I started methadone treatment in 1995, the general rule of thumb was that 10mg methadone was the equivalent of a ?10 bag of street brown - that was how they guaged how much to prescribe. If you had a 3 bag a day habit you'd get 30mg methadone. Of course everyone exaggerated their habit in order to get more. But my point is that 12mg of methadone is far from an insignificant amount if you have no tolerance. I used to give a mate of mine (non tolerant) 10mg of my script quite regularly and he got a right old buzz off it.

ye I understand 12 mg may not be a lot for MMT users but I have zero tolerance and have not used other opioids at all so I was concerned that I only got a mild buzz from 12 mg considering I have talked to other that on there first time they had strong experiences from 10mg.

Even opioid naive, 12mg isn't much. 20 might get you somewhere, and is most unlikely to overdose anybody, if your lucky, it might make you get off.

Limpet, compared to other opioids( e.g morphine) is methadone more or less of a relaxing high?

12 mg liquid is literally nothing. Worth like 2 bucks... The clinics start u off at 30 mg and even thats nothing. 30 didnt even take me out of withdrawal. Methadone is great though, been on it 3 years and it saved my life. Plus its a nice euphoria buzz every day legally lol i still do my thing every now and then but im not worried every day about surving that day. Stealing from walmart. Ect... Anyone addicted to to opiates, get into a clinic... Even if you still wanna use thats fine... atleast you wont ever withdrawal. If you have access they pay for it and ur ride. I wake up every morning to a cab calling... Get my free ride. Dose my free methadone... Get picked up by a cab and get a free ride back home. Feeling bomb the whole way

If you have access they pay for it and ur ride. I wake up every morning to a cab calling... Get my free ride. Dose my free methadone... Get picked up by a cab and get a free ride back home. Feeling bomb the whole way

You've said this in someone else's thread and this isn't true for everybody. Please remember that Bluelight is an international forum. So you may get freebies where you live and not everyone qualifies for public assistance.